MROCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

boy7777777777

Does anyone know what has happened to MROCC(Buffalo River Park Rangers)? I haven’t heard them in several weeks. I have taken the NAC off the frequency and still nothing.

wbswetnam

I haven't heard them in a while either, come to think of it. I used to hear them all the way down here in Russellville.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Possibly now E. There is a push to have ALL Federal LE be full time E asap. Also they are both conventional and AWIN so have you heard any new TG sounding like them?

boy7777777777

I’ve got a scanner that doesn’t mute encryption and still haven’t heard them. It’s the wrong time of the year to have much luck finding them. No. I haven’t heard them on AWIN either.

boy7777777777

I still haven’t heard them on the Tilton rock repeater. I made a trip to the upper Buffalo area today and heard them. Maybe the repeater is down?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
And also share here as the admins take longer to get to things now.

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
How would you go about finding repeater locations for the 4-5 frequencies used by MROCC? I'm smack in the middle of the Buffalo River region and only receive them on 170.1000.

Magnetsteve

Not to hijack the thread but it pertains to this. Does anyone know if NPS in Hot Springs is encrypted? Database shows P25e, so I just assumed it is. I have never tried to listen.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
NPS is partially encrypted. Investigations are encrypted, and if they feel its an "Special Operations" situation they will encrypt. As far as I know they have not gone full encryption yet. E = Full Time Encryption, e = Partial Use of Encryption.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
How would you go about finding repeater locations for the 4-5 frequencies used by MROCC? I'm smack in the middle of the Buffalo River region and only receive them on 170.1000.
Look around the area for tower sites. Federal information is not available to the general public, so if there is a tower site in the region, good bet it could be shared use by Feds, or is a Fed site. Then you get close, take off the antenna, and monitor.

WX1NWA

They upgraded their mobile and handheld radios and also consoles in dispatch. They are only partially encrypted for law enforcement. It's been just slow. Usually catch traffic in the morning and evening with LE rangers going on and off duty. It's a shared system with no talkgroups. I can't remember if their upgrade was for eventually going phase 2. All federal freqs are managed by NTIA. I still carry an older XTS2500 for NPS search and rescue and I was never told to bring it in for reprogramming or replacement.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
They upgraded their mobile and handheld radios and also consoles in dispatch. They are only partially encrypted for law enforcement. It's been just slow. Usually catch traffic in the morning and evening with LE rangers going on and off duty. It's a shared system with no talkgroups. I can't remember if their upgrade was for eventually going phase 2. All federal freqs are managed by NTIA. I still carry an older XTS2500 for NPS search and rescue and I was never told to bring it in for reprogramming or replacement.
No such animal as Phase II for conventional. P25 TDMA is ONLY on trunking. So if they run on the AWIN, then yes, they will need radios that can do Phase II. Also amazed they have not told you come in to replace that discontinued radio.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Can you still communicate with others on your previous channels with that radio? If not, that’d be a good conversation starter to find out more lol

Status
Not open for further replies.