MRRS`

Ant9270

Tower Dawg/Burned out Bench Technician
Premium Subscriber
Could 9650 be Eastchester PD?

dave3825

I have logged radios in the range of 4250430 - 4250864 and have mostly been on 9650 (Zone 1 Nassau). There are some within that range that have also been on 9651, 9652, 9653 and 9654. From 6 pm yesterday til 8 am today, there were 25 different rid's on 9650.

Last edited:

ems55

Premium Subscriber
When a radio (subscriber) comes up on a talkgroup at a site, it has affiliated. Basically the subscriber is telling the system "Hey I'm here at Site X, and I want to listen to TG Y", at which point the system will start broadcasting that TG's radio traffic at that site. If the subscriber de-affiliates and there are no other subscribers at that site on that TG, the traffic is no longer carried.

There are exceptions to this rule, but they require the system admin to force traffic to be carried regardless of subscriber affiliation (or lack thereof) and are not commonly done.

So the bottom line is that if there are no radios requesting talkgroups at your local site, there won't be anything to listen to. The system is operating normally, and the site is not "disconnected" from the rest of the system.
Hey, great explanation ! Thanks