MRRS System (MTA PD)

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Unlike Bronxville and Eastchester, I have seen Ardsley PD on METRO25 (26D) as well. Perhaps you can give that a try?

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I tried with a different dongle attached to a different antenna and seems like I'm picking up the 26D Metro25 Cell.

I had it running overnight and was able to pick up APD, But i Checked my audio recordings and got nothing. Strange. Any reason why they are affiliating to that site?

Last edited:

n2nov

Has anyone figure out who this is yet?

View attachment 131930
This is what I had in my spreadsheet (9650 simulcast with TG 304201 on the OneVoice DMR system):

9650​
T​
NORTHWELL HEALTH EMS DISPATCH​
9651​
T​
NORTHWELL HEALTH​
9652​
T​
NORTHWELL HEALTH​
9653​
T​
NORTHWELL HEALTH​
9654​
T​
NORTHWELL HEALTH​
9655​
T​
NORTHWELL HEALTH​

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I have not used Onevoice since July and I know in July that 304201 was very active (enc) on Half Hollow Hills and Selden sites. It seems like its not in use on them any longer as I saw no activity in the last hour. 9650 rocking on MRRS.

This tg, thats is no where near me on Long Island coming across the 2 sites above though.

1898996TWallkill CSD BusWallkill Central School District BusesSchoolsSchools

Last edited:

n2nov

I have not used Onevoice since July and I know in July that 304201 was very active (enc) on Half Hollow Hills and Selden sites. It seems like its not in use on them any longer as I saw no activity in the last hour. 9650 rocking on MRRS.

This tg, thats is no where near me on Long Island coming across the 2 sites above though.

1898996TWallkill CSD BusWallkill Central School District BusesSchoolsSchools
I am using my TRX-1 with the stock antenna sitting on my desk on SI and hear the 189xxxx talkgroups coming through sites at 1515 Broadway, Stag Hill and Martinsville. Maybe because of their elevation in northern NJ and Rockland County that the signal is affiliating with sites nearer to you.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Southern part of the county I used to get 2 bars inside now I’m at full signal strength on my Harris radios

That's funny... There is an entire state above 287, I don't think people from southern Westchester/NYC realize that. I've been monitoring the Z3 and Z2 simulcasts and don't see any difference today.

But anyway that's good if they increased in-building coverage. Seems like they are somehow selling this system to local PDs and not just the MTA, so they could use that

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Pfft, as if the RF even matters...the MTA is pushing this system hard by selling agencies on the LTE integration.

Don't misunderstand me...LTE integration with LMR is a great option to have, but I would never rely on it completely in lieu of real RF coverage. That's the bone I pick with this system. What happens when the LTE network goes down? That's much more likely than a public safety RF site going down. Be very careful about buying into the hype of FirstNet being the next greatest thing, and never forget that FirstNet uses the same sites as the rest of AT&T's consumer LTE, so the coverage isn't going to be vastly better than commercial LTE.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am not to familiar with the area of Rye NY but there has been testing on tg 9211 the last few days and it seems the tg is live now. I believe it is Port Chester Pd based on some of what I heard during testing. Also heard them ask someone to notify Rye pd of something so it's definitely not Rye pd. If anyone around that area could confirm and submit that would be great. Just head a call for Glen and Clark and pretty confident its Port Chester pd

Areas heard during testing were Rye nature center, Resurrection School and Locust & Hammond. Received on 26E site 21 Zone 1 Simulcast

KC2GSP

From a technical perspective, would this system be able to handle a mass migration from the local police departments if somehow the stars all aligned and they made the switch?

KC2GSP

I can appreciate the desire for interoperability, it would have been nicer if it was an actual initiative from Westchester County though. In the meantime, the county has distributed about a dozen PTT phones to each department to use with their Zello network. Users can rx the hotline talk group and toggle between other channels that have been patched over like County PD F1, Yonkers etc

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
From a technical perspective, would this system be able to handle a mass migration from the local police departments if somehow the stars all aligned and they made the switch?

I would say that it depends on the size of the agency. I don't think that an agency like NYPD will ever go to a TRS full time. That is based upon the end users and the frequency of use. I listen to NYPD on a daily basis and i find that with the amount of open mics and everyone cutting each other off on a consistent basis, that the system would not be able to handle that kind of usage.
Then again, I am most likely wrong.

I could see smaller police departments like Rye, Harrison, White plains, Ect using it. But nothing bigger than that.