MS DOS Emulator for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Hi;
I am lookup for MS DOS Emulator for Android that has good keyboard support. This is strictly to run some legacy DOS engineering applications. They are mostly text based with little if any graphics.

The emulators I have seen seem to be for gaming. Can anyone recommend one that 1) works with command line and 2) keyboard Function commands and 3) Ideally allows batch file editing .

Thanks

RFI-EMI-GUY

Is that the one with the logo "Esc" ? From a German developer? I am trying the JPC x86 emulator and have a problem with the Hacker Keyboard as well as Samsung Keyboard. First the backslash key \ is not recognized. Then if I open DOS edit dialog the F1 key does not work nor can I access the pull down menus like Files, etc. So pretty much useless .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

RFI-EMI-GUY

What DOS emulator would you recommend? Either JPC x86 is broken or it is incompatible with the Samsung and Hacker keyboards.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Yes I just tried it. It will need some work. It doesn't seem to be a full featured DOS like JPC x86, no editor, and seems maybe Linux like which I am unfamiliar with.

RFI-EMI-GUY

My original post, I was hoping for someone to recommend a DOS emulator. It seems most of these are tailored for gamers from the reviews. I guess it will be trial and error. JPC x486 was the most promising except that the keyboard interface is botched.

Status
Not open for further replies.