HP-2: MS SurfaceBook won't connect to Uniden HP-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kt4ht

Hello All:

I am having trouble getting my Microsoft Surface Book to connect to my Uniden Home Patrol-2 via USB. The Surface Book connects fine (mass storage and serial modes) via USB with my other scanners (BCD436HP, BCD536HP). The HP-2 also connects fine with two other Windows 10 computers I have,

The Surface Book is running Windows 10 Pro and is an i5 with 8gb RAM. I have deleted and let Windows restore the USB ports and drivers.....and also factory reset the Surface Book and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro.

No luck in getting it to connect to the HP-2. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike, KT4HT

phask

Premium Subscriber
First thing - what's it show in device driver?

Possibility it's trying to use the wrong Uniden driver (it should just be a generic mass storage device), but I've seen it do it.

If so - delete driver and plug in and start over.

Hello All:

I am having trouble getting my Microsoft Surface Book to connect to my Uniden Home Patrol-2 via USB. The Surface Book connects fine (mass storage and serial modes) via USB with my other scanners (BCD436HP, BCD536HP). The HP-2 also connects fine with two other Windows 10 computers I have,

The Surface Book is running Windows 10 Pro and is an i5 with 8gb RAM. I have deleted and let Windows restore the USB ports and drivers.....and also factory reset the Surface Book and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro.

No luck in getting it to connect to the HP-2. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike, KT4HT

kt4ht

Thanks phask...I tried that...didn't resolve. The problem is only with the HP-2...other than that the USB ports work perfectly with every other scanner and storage devices. The Surface Book does use some very unique drivers and a few 'start-up' programs to get a lot of the tablet features to work. I'm going to do a safe-boot and see what happens...then work through all the USB drivers by process of elimination. May be time consuming...but this just might work.....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.