MSCOMMNET Band Plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSheepDue

Looking for some help trying to figure out MSCOMMNET's band plan. I'm experienced with programming trunking systems but I've never had to figure out a custom band plan before. I am trying to setup my apx and/or xts for non-affiliate scan on MSCOMMNET. Before anyone makes any of the typical comments I have had success with non-affiliate scan on multiple systems and I know how to do it right. I tried setting up both my xts5000 and apx8000 but they're both silent next to my unication G5. Any help or insight would be appreciated, I'm really just interesting in learning more about MSCOMMNET and trunking systems in general.

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
When you figure it out, let me know. With their floating Harris CC, I have not had any success monitoring with Moto.

BlackSheepDue

From what I understand the state has told moto users it's not possible but who knows if that's actually true or if they just don't want moto's on their system. I know some of the frequencies used by MSCOMMNET are owned by the US department of interior and part of that agreement was that the DOI would get free use of the system. I find it hard to believe that the feds would make that agreement if they couldn't use moto's.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
I have used both an APX7K and XTS5K to monitor MSCOMNET. Works great if you set it up correctly. Audio sounds much better on M radios vs the Harris junk the state uses. When I worked for the state I used the system all the time. The Harris radios are junk.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand the state has told moto users it's not possible but who knows if that's actually true or if they just don't want moto's on their system. I know some of the frequencies used by MSCOMMNET are owned by the US department of interior and part of that agreement was that the DOI would get free use of the system. I find it hard to believe that the feds would make that agreement if they couldn't use moto's.

I dont see why Moto radios would not work on the system if they have the FW upgrades needed. The APX line will work on Harris systems. I believe the state just wants users to run state issued radios that are leased out to all state agencies.

mavrickma

Confirmed I'm able to monitor on XTL5k. Bandplan above helped, set the WACN to BEE00 instead of whats in the database, and turn off SmartZone as well as Motorola Prop Features. As soon as I did all of those, I was able to monitor.

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
Ok, I have been working with radios for years, and have NAS on a few systems, but I still can't get to this work. The radio tracks, stops on the active channel when their is traffic, but doesn't unmute. I have done Mavrickma's trick and still nothing. Can anyone point me further in the right direction or share an XTS NAS plug?

BlackSheepDue

Ok, I have been working with radios for years, and have NAS on a few systems, but I still can't get to this work. The radio tracks, stops on the active channel when their is traffic, but doesn't unmute. I have done Mavrickma's trick and still nothing. Can anyone point me further in the right direction or share an XTS NAS plug?
I also still have not been able to figure it out. If someone could share a working codeplug that would be super helpful!

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed I'm able to monitor on XTL5k. Bandplan above helped, set the WACN to BEE00 instead of whats in the database, and turn off SmartZone as well as Motorola Prop Features. As soon as I did all of those, I was able to monitor.

This is how I set up mine on APX. Did the same on XTS. Worked great
me3.JPGme1.JPG

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
Is your system set for C4FM or CQPSK? I have tried it both ways and it still doesn't unmute. Its tracking, locking on active channels, but not unmuting. Its making me want to pull out what little hair I have left!

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
I got it! I was overlooking the RFSS. I put the wrong one in the personality. Running CQPSK, the settings shown above, my XTS is working great! Thank you all for the help

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
I got it! I was overlooking the RFSS. I put the wrong one in the personality. Running CQPSK, the settings shown above, my XTS is working great! Thank you all for the help

Awesome, glad to hear. Being a Harris system its a little weird, but once you get it running it works great. You will find the voice quality is much better on the M radio vs the Harris ones the state uses.

BlackSheepDue

I'm still at a loss with my XTS5000 but I've sort of got it working on my APX8000. By sort of I mean it picks up traffic but it's often very slow. My G5 will unmute up to several seconds before the apx. There have also been instances where the apx picks up a transmission but completely misses the immediate reply. I only have 3 talkgroups and 5 CC's in right now. I've matched northstarfire0693's settings exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.