MSCOMMNET Garland Regionnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSheepDue

Is the Garland DOT regionnet no longer patched to zone 3 A? I’ve used it since the system went live but it seems silent this trip.

Adenosine

It seems the VHF rebroadcasting has slowly been loosing sites over time. I would not be surprised if it was gone.

BlackSheepDue

Interesting, I wonder why. I swapped over to bald mountain and it worked like a charm so it seems Garland is gone. Think they’re planning on getting rid of the analog repeaters or just the patch?

Thorndike113

Was there an incident where they tied different agencies together over that tower recently? I remember a couple of times where Eaton Mt was silent for days and even weeks after a big incident where they tied agencies together and put them all on channel B to operate on. They just forgot to put the tower back on channel A.

BlackSheepDue

I’m not sure but that certainly makes sense. I would think there would be several unhappy agencies if the just dropped the patch.

Thorndike113

This might be a thing. Has garland gone back online? Eaton Mountain in Skowhegan is dead since this afternoon.

Thorndike113

I tuned into the Garland tower today with my portable and it was online rebroadcasting Zone 3. The Eaton Mountain Tower is offline. Makes me wonder if they're not doing repeater maintenance but I don't know why they would be doing that in the colder weather seeing the condition of some of these Hills. Let's hope they keep them repeating. I don't want to have to spend $700 just to listen to the state police ha ha.

Thorndike113

As of posting this, I just heard Augusta talking about their radios being taken down for about 15 minutes. It was supposed to happen today but evidently it will happen tomorrow instead. I noticed that Eaton Mt is back online as is the Garland tower. I would have to imagine that they are probably replacing equipment. What sort of new equipment is being put in is my question. So far, I haven't noticed any changes such as encryption or switching to a phase 2 system. I will try to monitor this a bit more and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.