MSCommnet programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjs41

Looking for some help hearing MSCOMMNET in the Portland area. Have all the talk groups loaded, but which frequencies
from the many sites should I be using. I assume P25 Auto also?

KB1VLA

Which radio are you using? The Waterboro/Ossipee Mtn site (61) covers the Portland area nicely, the CC as of this afternoon was 173.425.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
If you are using a radio instead of a scanner for NAF you will need the band plan and a little work to set it up due to it being a harris system. I can go from the state line to Augusta and pick up the system.

pjs41

Which radio are you using? The Waterboro/Ossipee Mtn site (61) covers the Portland area nicely, the CC as of this afternoon was 173.425.
So I should just have the 5 frequencies assigned to the Ossipee site programmed in?

pjs41

If you are using a radio instead of a scanner for NAF you will need the band plan and a little work to set it up due to it being a harris system. I can go from the state line to Augusta and pick up the system.
It's a scanner, not a 2 way radio.

pjs41

What scanner are you trying to program?
It's a Whistler 1065. I am wondering if it is just a reception issue. I get the Portland Digital system fine, but any of the analog frequencies are pretty poor.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
For the most part in the Portland you should not have any issues picking up mscomnet. I know there are a few dead spots that our Harris radios hit on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.