MSCommNet Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

Site / Frequency / Market Search Results

In all strangeness, I'm hearing both sides of what sounds like regular Zone 1 traffic on 465.125, PL 69.3. This traffic was coming across this UHF freq, and the Ossipee Regionnet (172.425), but I heard no traffic from the Ossipee trunk site, on any talkgroup. A few moments later, the same SP unit signed on the air with Turnpike HQ on TG 715, this I heard via Ossipee. 465.125 has a strong signal here in Strafford County, NH, on 3 different radios.

KB1VLA

Pike was still on their normal TGID and pleasant mountain was relaying RCC traffic as normal. I was seeing the weird TGID on the Ossipee site though

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The 35xxx TGs are automatically generated by the system when an analog radio sttemps to access the trunk via on of the Regionnet repeaters. Zone 1 is on TG 35130 this morning, and the Aggie Regionnet (155.4525), so this maybe the culprit.

SpockVulcan

Premium Subscriber
The 35xxx TGs are automatically generated by the system when an analog radio sttemps to access the trunk via on of the Regionnet repeaters. Zone 1 is on TG 35130 this morning, and the Aggie Regionnet (155.4525), so this maybe the culprit.
I know they've been having some problems with the system, I've seen a few cars with temporary mag mount antennas on them, so maybe their countering that by using the nets.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

KB1VLA

Gray is also coming over 460.125 PL 69.3, this is weaker than the 465 freq, so I'm guessing it might be coming from Ossipee? I'm fairly sure 465.125 is coming from Agamenticus.

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what talk group 35130 is? I know it sounds like MSP, but not positive.

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
I just find it strange that today and yesterday I have not seen TGs 711 or 712, but 31530 is all over Zone 1

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
zone 1 seems to be having radio issues at least for the last month

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Ok so I am not the only one experiencing alot of TG 31530? New at scanning MSCOMMNET with this particular rig so I apologize for the redundant questions today and in the future. ;)

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Ok thank you. Something must be up with the system for Zone 1.

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Can someone answer a question for me? In the four MSCOMMNET zones there are 15 Conventional P25 sites (with 80E NAC). Some of them seem to simulcast the trunking conversations throughout the system. What is the purpose of these 15 sites/frequencies? If in fact they are used for simulcasting the trunking system is everything in the system simulcast through these frequency sites? Just wondering. Thanks!

ecps92

Interoperability. :D
Allowing the NON MSCommNet users the ability to Monitor and Communicate when appropriate
Can someone answer a question for me? In the four MSCOMMNET zones there are 15 Conventional P25 sites (with 80E NAC). Some of them seem to simulcast the trunking conversations throughout the system. What is the purpose of these 15 sites/frequencies? If in fact they are used for simulcasting the trunking system is everything in the system simulcast through these frequency sites? Just wondering. Thanks!

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
correct but you forget nor everyone has p25 radioes

Eric Harjula
Maine/NH/VT RRDB Admin

ecps92

Misread the post, the Analog are for Interop (Opps)

As the system is still new, there is still much to learn

Also, with all the Grant money dept's got over the years, any of those radios bought with grant money HAD to be P25 compatible
correct but you forget nor everyone has p25 radioes

Eric Harjula
Maine/NH/VT RRDB Admin

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Sounds right, but not everyone has P25 capability so there must be another purpose. Do these 15 sites simulcast the whole MSCOMMNET system?

ecps92

Looking over all the Documents (worth the read) and matching those conventional sites, it seems those are SOLAR sites, so they could not handle the load of a 24/7 trunk, so why not just go conventional. :cool:

See the map at
http://www.maine.gov/oit/services/radio/mscommnet/MsCommNetSitesMap11012014.pdf

Also SNE has linked many of the documents available at
MSCOMMNET Maine State Communications Network - Scan New England Wiki

Interop is 162.2 Hz Analog
MSCommnet specific is $80E

Sounds right, but not everyone has P25 capability so there must be another purpose. Do these 15 sites simulcast the whole MSCOMMNET system?

K1DLP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bill. The sites I am referring to is from the following. They are in bold lettering:
I am not talking about the sites from the interoperability brochure. I mean the 15 sites on the above SNE page. Zone 1 has none, but 2, 3, and 4 do have those conventional sites with $80E and are in bold. Listening to Mt. Blue Mt Blue Avon Franklin Conventional 155.4450 80E NAC it seems that all Zone 2 traffic was simulcast on this frequency. Any way, no biggie. I am just a curious soul, that's all. Thanks so much for answering my questions!

ecps92

If you match those names to the MSCommnet Docs you will see the "SOLAR" icon :cool:
on the MAP - previously provided in a link

Thanks Bill. The sites I am referring to is from the following. They are in bold lettering:
I am not talking about the sites from the interoperability brochure. I mean the 15 sites on the above SNE page. Zone 1 has none, but 2, 3, and 4 do have those conventional sites with $80E and are in bold. Listening to Mt. Blue Mt Blue Avon Franklin Conventional 155.4450 80E NAC it seems that all Zone 2 traffic was simulcast on this frequency. Any way, no biggie. I am just a curious soul, that's all. Thanks so much for answering my questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.