MSCommNet Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Its more if you decide to do single frequency trunking which a NAC is needed if you dont want to hear different traffic and im not sure about the other radios

jbecraft

I have the uniden bcd996p2... Programmed it with freescan, and imported the freq's from here... Everything was working fine until about a week or so ago... Then nothing... I can put in the whitten hill and spruce mtn. Numbers and get it scratchy, but readable... Tried resetting and reprogramming, nothing... Suggestions?

Viperguynick

Hello all! I'm having a small issue with MSCommNet on my radio shack Pro 106. No matter what options I try enabling, the radio ID always shows as 0 for all transmissions. The line is showing up on the radio, it just looks like I'm not getting the radio ID's. Any ideas?

Thanks!

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Hello all! I'm having a small issue with MSCommNet on my radio shack Pro 106. No matter what options I try enabling, the radio ID always shows as 0 for all transmissions. The line is showing up on the radio, it just looks like I'm not getting the radio ID's. Any ideas?

Thanks!
they aren't supported for p25 systems on the rs/gre/whistler type of those scanners

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

MarkWestin

Just so you know, I have two Uniden scanners. My BCD396T does not do User IDs. My BCD396XT does do User IDs. I don't own any of the newer models. I used to own a Uniden BC796D. I sold it over 10 years ago to fund the BCD396T. It also would not do User IDs, but no other scanners of that era would either. I believe that all current scanners made by Uniden and Whistler will do User IDs.

Mark

ronherbert2

Premium Subscriber
Warden Service

Just wondering if anyone is hearing warden to warden traffic, I'm hearing plenty of dispatch to warden just not warden to warden. I would think with deer hunting season I would hear much more traffic. Thanks

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Just wondering if anyone is hearing warden to warden traffic, I'm hearing plenty of dispatch to warden just not warden to warden. I would think with deer hunting season I would hear much more traffic. Thanks
All warden service talk around channels are encrypted.

ronherbert2

Premium Subscriber
Warden Service

Thank you, I thought maybe as it had been so quiet. Appreciate your response.

gonorth

Premium Subscriber
Spruce Mountain Site Status

I live in Berlin, NH and am no longer receiving the Spruce Mountain site. That is the only site I could receive but it was strong. Does anyone know if the site is active and/or if the CC has changed? I did a few control channel searches but am not receiving anything.

gonorth

Premium Subscriber
I am now hearing radio technicians and some traffic (MEMA) but not the normal MESP Zone 1 & 2 traffic. I'll reload the system from the database and hope for the best. Uniden HP2.

gonorth

Premium Subscriber
I did originally when the issue started and I was not getting signal on any of the site frequencies which is why I thought either the site was down or the or the CC changed. It did come back and I am receiving everything I was before (mostly MESP Zone 1 & 2 traffic).

Checking the CC today I am getting a signal on 171.975 (a). Thanks.

skip0157

I'm using a GRE PSR-500 in Conway, NH and listening to the Pleasant Mountain site. The radio ID only shows 0 in the display. Also the only trafic that I ever hear comes from talkgroup 711 "MSP Zone 1A". I have the Wardens groups and forest service groups as well as MSP Zone 1B programmed in. I receive the system with full bars on the signal strength meter. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues?

nhfirefighter

I'm using a GRE PSR-500 in Conway, NH and listening to the Pleasant Mountain site. The radio ID only shows 0 in the display. Also the only trafic that I ever hear comes from talkgroup 711 "MSP Zone 1A". I have the Wardens groups and forest service groups as well as MSP Zone 1B programmed in. I receive the system with full bars on the signal strength meter. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues?

Warden Service is all encrypted but most traffic occurs on Zone 1a anyways. Forest service never seems to use their talk groups in the southern part of the state again they are on Zone 1a. 1b is only used when 1a is tied up with priority traffic. If you want to hear other traffic you can put in the turnpike talk group that usually comes up on Pleasant. You could also try 2A (Augusta) if a unit on that talk group affiliated with Pleasant you will be able to hear the traffic. Being a trunked system you will only hear various talk group traffic on that tower if a radio is affiliated with the tower on the particular talk group.

skip0157

Thanks nhfirefighter! Thank makes sense, I was hearing transmisions on 1A that sounded more directed to the Wardens and MFS than to the state police.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Any one else notice that some of the zone 2 region nets aren't simulcasting like there supposed to?

dick122

Interesting catch on zone 3

Anyone catch traffic on zone 3 around 1700? Bangor dispatcher told several units to switch radios to Bangor All and told a couple how to switch their radios. Only traffic i copied was a couple of units asking for directions on tg 35145.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
TG 1410 MFS FHD. Heard 811 sign on. seems like a few call signs are being used twice because MSP has the 800 unit number series also.

Status
Not open for further replies.