MSCOMMNET rebroadcast help

Adenosine

Hey guys, could use your help. I'm trying to sift through all the freqs. I'm traveling back and forth between southern Maine to Bangor, what VHF rebroadcast frequencies' are currently active for SP? What ones would you guys program in your radio? I try and decipher all the spreadsheets and just get lost in the numbers. must be my age.

a417

Wow.

coming from several other states, and now here...that's the best laid out Interop plan I've ever seen to-date.

Adenosine

Ok so my original question on the post was what conventional frequencies are there, the rebroadcast ones from Bangor to southern Maine. For listening on 95 to SP while traveling.

Typical, people post links and don’t read the questions. One responded with actual information and was helpful. That is the point of the site, right? To help each other?

Yeah I got a link to another spreadsheet, which I already have. But do I know what towers you can actually hear? No. That’s why someone asked for help. Maybe someone had real experience already with traveling and listening.

ecps92

Ok so my original question on the post was what conventional frequencies are there, the rebroadcast ones from Bangor to southern Maine. For listening on 95 to SP while traveling.

Typical, people post links and don’t read the questions. One responded with actual information and was helpful. That is the point of the site, right? To help each other?

Yeah I got a link to another spreadsheet, which I already have. But do I know what towers you can actually hear? No. That’s why someone asked for help. Maybe someone had real experience already with traveling and listening.
Not every area needs to be covered by the Analog Interop conventional pairs, hence why the state added Portland as it's own Site on the TRS

Also, Not every TG is patched into the Conventional Analogs - a lot is going to be missed relying on those only

j51fraser

Premium Subscriber
Simple answer is identify the Rebroadcast Towers from the MEMA pamphlet, which will provide the State RCC primary zone traffic for the area the tower is located. Curiously, when I opened the pamphlet and went to the map, Ossipee Mtn was placed in Andover, rather than Waterboro, which mistakenly shows that gap area in the south. In the Portland area we get analog reception on these pretty reliably from Ossipee, Spruce, and Whitten Hill. Look for the others as you go north/downeast. There is not a lot of traffic on the analog repeaters which do not rebroadcast zone traffic, a far cry from the Region 1, Region 2, Region 5 repeater days.

northstarfire0693

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, could use your help. I'm trying to sift through all the freqs. I'm traveling back and forth between southern Maine to Bangor, what VHF rebroadcast frequencies' are currently active for SP? What ones would you guys program in your radio? I try and decipher all the spreadsheets and just get lost in the numbers. must be my age.

The VHF conops for SP can be hit and miss for picking up SP. If you have the ability, I would monitor the TRS. Gray RCC is what covers the area where you want to listen.

Adenosine

I currently run 7 feeds, 2 are off SDRs. Works great. I have Zone 2A and 3A up on their own feeds from home. I would prefer to use a mobile on the road instead of listening to the feed but looks like I will not be going down that road.

Earlier someone mentioned the 2A & 3A region net rebroadcast was more active and it this seems very true. They pretty much rebroadcast everything up here on VHF.