MSCOMMNET Unit 6198

BlackSheepDue

This morning 6198 did a radio check on Zone 2 A. I haven't logged a 6100 unit before so this caught my attention. Augusta confirmed his ID as what sounded like CON 6198. The P25 ID was the same series as forestry units so I'm guessing the CON refers to the conservation part of department of agriculture, conservation, and forestry. Can anyone confirm my theory?

msp563

Premium Subscriber
This morning 6198 did a radio check on Zone 2 A. I haven't logged a 6100 unit before so this caught my attention. Augusta confirmed his ID as what sounded like CON 6198. The P25 ID was the same series as forestry units so I'm guessing the CON refers to the conservation part of department of agriculture, conservation, and forestry. Can anyone confirm my theory?
6197 is a Maine Forestry Service tanker truck that's active in Zone 3 during fire responses. UID 1421153. I've logged six different tankers with UID 61xx or 62xx.

BlackSheepDue

Thanks for the info! I logged 6198 as 1421154. Surprising that the UID's follow the calligns in sequential order, that doesn't seem to happen often. That is the first one I've heard that I can remember but I'll have to pay more attention this summer.

msp563

Premium Subscriber
We've just started seeing an uptake in wildfire activity here we're seeing more of that traffic. One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the rangers use their own callsign out of habit I suppose. So you will see the truck's callsign on the display but hear the ranger's callsign. It's a little confusing until you get used to it.

msp563

Premium Subscriber
There is also a group on UIDs for Forestry's helicopters. 1421125 is Helo 905. The pilots usually call in using the helicopter number, i.e 905.

msp563

Premium Subscriber
I have listings for 5 helicopters here, 905, 925, 935, 945 & 965. I've assumed each is a separate craft but I'm not sure if there's really that many helicopters are in our area. There may be different callsigns based on who's flying or what area they're working in.

msp563

Premium Subscriber
Here's a list I keep as I update or change my UID programming. There's a lot of Zone 2 units on that and even a few Zone 1 units.

Attachments

• UID Confirmed Apr29.pdf
    51.2 KB · Views: 7

BlackSheepDue

Nice to see I'm not the only one crazy enough to log UID's! Black UID's are confirmed(i.e heard more than once) and red UID's have only been heard once and are not confirmed.

Attachments

• MSCOMMNET ID's.pdf
    211.8 KB · Views: 10

msp563

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the list. I'll use it to identify some of the units I have pending. I have a friend who lives up north and he helps me with the list so I'll forward your list on to him if you don't mind. On my list the '*' indicates a change or addition made that day, (F) is for a female unit which can help with the ID sometimes.