• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MSF5000 issues

AllStrobedUp

So I have a 1988 MSF5000 UHF repeater. It has been working great for years. The other day it stopped working and I have the following errors, E40,41,47,49. The pay key is dimly lit and everything else is off. I don't even know where to start troubleshooting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_212915_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501_212915_Drive.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 14

petnrdx

Like I said, check in the email, check power.
If both RX and TX VCO'S aren't working, its a supply problem that affects both.
Might be a electrolytic capacitor that is shorting out.
CAREFULLY tilt up the SSCB and check for hot components with your finger tip.
All the manuals are available online.
Seems to me (by memory) that there is a 5v regulator circuit on the SSCB, might be the first one to check.

RFI-EMI-GUY

It is idling at 15.9, cant get it to key.
Seems a bit high, however that may be the PA supply which is "regulated" from a ferroresonant transformer and may be that high. You need to look into the internal regulation for the station control board. I suggest determining your exact model number of the power supply and the station and consult the exact manuals pertaining to the station. You probably have a regulator or capacitor that is bad. Can you put a scope on the station and check for ripple?

AllStrobedUp

But of an update. Checking the test points I am only getting 1.33v on the 9.6 volt test points. None of the caps are warm or appear to be damaged or leaking.