MSN Airport DMR TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcpwisc

Premium Subscriber
Hi everybody - Can I listen to the MSN airport's DMR TRS? I tried to import it into PSREdit, but it won't display in the software as a system that can be imported. I have Grecom PSR-600 ... not sure the scanner can listen to DMR networks. Would this be something I'd have to input manually?

Thanks everybody!

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Nope...DMR systems are not monitorable by any current scanner. Well as stand alone units!

kf9aq

I remember when they switched over to their Moto system, nobody really knew why they switched...Also the Dane County/Alliant Center switched to it...Thought they wud have switched to Madison TRS or even DaneCom since it will up soon...Deputy I talked to awhile back wished they only had to carry one radio...oh well...

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
I am pretty sure narrowbanding had something to do with them switching. They took the opportunity to upgrade things as well. They hated having everybody on one channel. Now they can spread things out a bit. They also run encryption.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Madison Airport operations is a DMR-based MotoTrbo Capacity Plus system. It is fully encrypted, and is so shown in the RR database. If it were not encrypted, you could monitor it with DSDPlus and a tapped receiver (or a DMR radio, properly programmed), but unfortunately, that's not the case with this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.