MSP 2300 DSP on 2200 DSP CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhennis

Is anyone else hearing Marshall patrol dispatch (2300) on the Mankato patrol dispatch talkgroup ID 20116? Also, there seems to be a LOT of echo recently on MSP, mainly when the cars are transmitting. I have a GRE PSR-800 with a wildcard for my talkgroups and radio IDs if that makes a difference.

stmills

Since the consolidation of dispatch operations to Rochester and Metro, patch together district mains has been happening. When Mankato was first transitioning to Rochester I was able to monitor Rochester and Mankato patched coming in on Hennepin East system.

kc0rzw

Usually a bit after 10pm the Theif River and Detroit Lakes mains get patched for the night, and if the dispatchers have meetings they will during the day as well.

blue5011

I have logged Marshall Dispatch from time to time. I was thinking it was because a unit had ventured too far east.

Could it also be that a Marshall car is in the Mankato area, so a conversation directed to that unit would be heard on a Mankato tower?

kc0rzw

I have logged Marshall Dispatch from time to time. I was thinking it was because a unit had ventured too far east.

Could it also be that a Marshall car is in the Mankato area, so a conversation directed to that unit would be heard on a Mankato tower?

That could be too. Only time I hear brainerd dispatch is when one of their cars is on our tower.

tomhennis

Possibly, although I don't recall them ever reporting their location as even being anywhere close to tje Mankato area. I'll have to pay closer attention.

kc0rzw

Remember the DNR is also using State Patrol mains, so if they are wandering around in the woods or on a lake somewhere near the tower you are listening to, you will hear that particular SP main also.

blue5011

Remember the DNR is also using State Patrol mains, so if they are wandering around in the woods or on a lake somewhere near the tower you are listening to, you will hear that particular SP main also.
I am not following your line of thought here... If you are saying the MN DNR uses the statewide ARMER system? Or you are saying a DNR unit will use a State Patrol radio?

I have seen a few hits from TG 788, which is a MN DNR tg, and then it was during fishing opening or deer (shotgun) season.

Don't know State Patrol protocol, but would a unit from Marshall Disp transport a prisoner to Blue Earth County? Would that account for the Marshall Disp hit? I have noticed that when the SP talks to my local County Disp it is on Z3 SC CALL tg.

tomhennis

In any event, the traffic I pick up is usually a few 2300 cars going on/off duty with Marshall dispatch but over the Mankato main. I guess it's possible that some of those units live and go on/off duty within range of a Mankato patrol tower and that's what's going on. That just seems somewhat unlikely to me however since the channel they would be on to communicate with Marshall would be a 2300 district channel...not 2200. Maybe they are using the MSP All Call channel by mistake? I would think dispatch would be quick to point out that error if that were the case. Oh well, I'll keep watching.

kc0rzw

I am not following your line of thought here... If you are saying the MN DNR uses the statewide ARMER system? Or you are saying a DNR unit will use a State Patrol radio?

I have seen a few hits from TG 788, which is a MN DNR tg, and then it was during fishing opening or deer (shotgun) season.

Don't know State Patrol protocol, but would a unit from Marshall Disp transport a prisoner to Blue Earth County? Would that account for the Marshall Disp hit? I have noticed that when the SP talks to my local County Disp it is on Z3 SC CALL tg.

DNR conservation officers use the state patrol for going 10-8 and 10-7, or the state patrol will call them for phone calls, injured animals, etc. They are the "K" cars.

As far as prisoner transports, I dont know. State patrol dispatch talks to our county on NW CALL, but their troopers often talk direct on our patch to armer.

blue5011

Is anyone else hearing Marshall patrol dispatch (2300) on the Mankato patrol dispatch talkgroup ID 20116? Also, there seems to be a LOT of echo recently on MSP, mainly when the cars are transmitting. I have a GRE PSR-800 with a wildcard for my talkgroups and radio IDs if that makes a difference.
To clarify what I have seen.

That is a Marshall Disp #28500 tg appear in my log of hits, as well as the Mankato #20116 tg. I do not see a "2200 or 2300" displayed on my 996XT or in Freescan. I don't even know if I have the ability to see "2200 or 2300" displayed. While I can see the radio ID, I haven't paid much attention to see what is showing up. I am thinking it may have been off the Lake Crystal tower, as that is the farthest northwest tower site I could hear (antennas are all down due to remodeling).

It has always been my "assumption" that any authorized user can come on the ARMER system, anywhere. And provided I don't specifically "lock out" a user, it would be logged.

blue5011

DNR conservation officers use the state patrol for going 10-8 and 10-7, or the state patrol will call them for phone calls, injured animals, etc. They are the "K" cars.

As far as prisoner transports, I dont know. State patrol dispatch talks to our county on NW CALL, but their troopers often talk direct on our patch to armer.

So you are saying the DNR call the regional SP Disp to log on/ off?

Then I would "presume" that the DNR tg would appear in my log, followed by the SP Disp tg (just asking...)? I just never did hear enough of the DNR calls to begin w/.

I also do not know, nor pretend to know the full capabilities in the ARMER system. I am thankful the state has it, as compared to what other states are doing w/ the rebanding and such. Alaska switched systems and then encrypted all calls. Folks up there can't hear a thing anymore.

kc0rzw

So you are saying the DNR call the regional SP Disp to log on/ off?

Then I would "presume" that the DNR tg would appear in my log, followed by the SP Disp tg (just asking...)? I just never did hear enough of the DNR calls to begin w/.

I also do not know, nor pretend to know the full capabilities in the ARMER system. I am thankful the state has it, as compared to what other states are doing w/ the rebanding and such. Alaska switched systems and then encrypted all calls. Folks up there can't hear a thing anymore.

I believe they hang out on the SP talkgroups often, but switch to the DNR talkgroups for their routine stuff. Not positive myself, but I have never heard a DNR unit on one of their talkgroups, except for the dnr fire dispatch, and that is the planes I hear on that talkgroup.

box23

In the NE Region DNR CO's are dispatched the same as the Troopers. They will switch to DNR talkgroups if they need/want to for something.

Remember, the system admin can cause traffic from any talkgroup to appear on any site at any time for any reason. Theoretically, the system is capable of forcing specific talkgroups to a site based on another talkgroup being affiliated with that site. Whether that is or can be done in practice is anybody's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.