MSP Annapolis to close

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm sure you mean 39.04 - I have a similar question - how are they going to cover Rte 50 up to the PG line with the GB antenna so bloody low? Unless they're going to use remote transmit/receive sites. Certainly that's possible.... Has anyone seen any antenna construction around that area, and I suppose we'd have to include the Rte 97/50 split...73 Mike

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I think MSP J Barracks can transmit from the huge antenna tower located at the MNG Armory along Rt 50 just east of Rt 450/West St. One scenario is the the south AACo Troopers continue to use the same frequency as they do now, but the control point is at the Glen Burnie Barracks.

As far as police service goes, losing the Annapolis Barracks probably won't hurt that much. The former trooper who lamented losing the Annapolis barracks tried to support his case by pointing out the assests in the Annapolis area that need protection - the state house, the Academy, the Bay Bridge, etc. All these assests have their own police forces, in addition to the larger Annapolis and Anne Arundel County PD's.

The downside to closing the barracks means that administration is a long way off if your patrol area is in south county...

troymail

Silent Key
I gotta suspect that eventually GB and Annpolis will get onto the AA County TRS... MPS helos are already in the process of equiping with the ability to go direct to AA TRS talkgroups to do MedEvacs with a fire alarm patch... Most other jurisdictions already have MSP on these systems (Howard, Upper Shore, Harford, Carroll, etc.).

doctordave

39.04 does sound a bit stronger in Northern Balt Co than it did just weeks ago - whereas the other MSP barracks in the region that I monitor seem unchanged. May be fluke...but perhaps GB has already done something to improve their radio footprint in preparation for the change? Anyone else noting any signal enhancement?

baydog

Mike:
You are correct 39.04, my goof.
Even with the Annapolis barrack in operations many times you will hear the dsipatcher tell the trooper to move to a better location so they could copy the mobile unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.