MSP Barracks in First

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke018

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I've seen a some new talkgroups added that I've never heard of before. Exactly what does MSP NORTHERN,MSP CENTRAL AND MSP SOUTHERN correspond to? Is that like a regional consolidation they're starting? Has anyone heard it being used?

troymail

Silent Key
I'm betting dpcain will provide his thoughts but it seems like that is what they were designed to be. However, from what I heard once Hogan came to office, he wants to scrap the regional MSP dispatching plans. Of course, Hogan and the legislature hard agree on much (Hogan overrode lawmakers to reopen the Annapolis Barrack in his first year) so it seems like only time will tell.

Trunk system template planning starts pretty early and in many cases, talkgroups are included in the plan which sometimes are just never used - or eventually get used as "spares" for other than the planned purpose (hey, they are there, let's use them).

duke018

Premium Subscriber
Ok that's kind of what I thought. Delaware has several talkgroups like that. Put in but never used.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Once in a while you will see some of the Northern, Central, etc. Tac's/CID in use. No everyday use on these Troops talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.