MSP Extra Enforcement of Covid Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Gov Lockdown Larry is sending the State Police out to enforce Covid orders.

Will be listening to the local barracks talkgroups starting tomorrow to see if any increases on their part.

boatbod

In Region IV, Easton and Dorchester are regularly on red alert (no EKG monitored beds) and have been that way for months. I don't think it's all covid as there are underlying staffing challenges from what I've heard, but the rising number of covid cases sure isn't helping.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
In Region IV, Easton and Dorchester are regularly on red alert (no EKG monitored beds) and have been that way for months. I don't think it's all covid as there are underlying staffing challenges from what I've heard, but the rising number of covid cases sure isn't helping.
"Reroute" is a bit worse (although the status has been cleared as I write this.) There are two temporary field hospitals set up at AAMC; not sure if they have started using them yet, but they were powered up late last week after being in a dormant state all summer.

boatbod

"Reroute" is a bit worse (although the status has been cleared as I write this.) There are two temporary field hospitals set up at AAMC; not sure if they have started using them yet, but they were powered up late last week after being in a dormant state all summer.
"Red" is a facility-wide status meaning a lack of monitored beds anywhere within the hospital, whereas "Yellow" only applies to the emergency room. "Reroute" is the somewhat equivalent to "Yellow" and again means there are no emergency room beds, but whereas yellow is set by the hospital emergency room staff, reroute is initiated by EMS personnel when they arrive with a patient and get significantly delayed waiting for transfer of care.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
"Red" is a facility-wide status meaning a lack of monitored beds anywhere within the hospital, whereas "Yellow" only applies to the emergency room. "Reroute" is the somewhat equivalent to "Yellow" and again means there are no emergency room beds, but whereas yellow is set by the hospital emergency room staff, reroute is initiated by EMS personnel when they arrive with a patient and get significantly delayed waiting for transfer of care.
In terms of Emergency Medicine, having to wait in an ambulance bay for an ER bed to open up is significant from the pt's point of view. I guess Black is the worst, meaning the hospital is at capacity - although maybe this applies only to trauma centers? Yellow and ReRoute can exist simultaneously.

boatbod

In terms of Emergency Medicine, having to wait in an ambulance bay for an ER bed to open up is significant from the pt's point of view. I guess Black is the worst, meaning the hospital is at capacity - although maybe this applies only to trauma centers? Yellow and ReRoute can exist simultaneously.
Yeah, nobody likes waiting in the hallway for a bed, especially now when the last place most people want to be in a hospital near sick people!! I know when I'm transporting I much prefer to get in and out as quickly as possible.

empire550

Premium Subscriber
Maybe if people weren't transported for headaches and stubbed toes they wouldn't wait so long in the hallway. Dropping patients off in the waiting room is a better way to go.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Maybe if people weren't transported for headaches and stubbed toes they wouldn't wait so long in the hallway. Dropping patients off in the waiting room is a better way to go.
I can't argue with that - abusing the ER for less serious issues is a perennial problem. Although the abuse compounds the issue, the root cause is an unrestrained pandemic (and a different set of mal behaviors.)

Status
Not open for further replies.