MSP Grand Haven

Status
Not open for further replies.

MITinyTom

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the Grand Haven Michigan State Police Post (#64) isn't listed in the RR data base. I hear a lot of traffic from district 6, but no post #64. Anyone know where I can find the information for post #64.

I noticed that the Grand Haven Michigan State Police Post (#64) isn't listed in the RR data base. I hear a lot of traffic from district 6, but no post #64. Anyone know where I can find the information for post #64.

As freq pointed they could be on county sheriff radio. I thought I read on this forum Post #64 is dispatched from station #60 but not for sure.

The only thing I can give you is the link to them. MSP - Grand Haven Post #64

They might be on this also TG 3324, alpha tag 70P911, Central 9-1-1 Police - Dispatch

These are the control channels 868.96250, 868.46250

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I don't get to that part of the state often, so I can't make direct observations, but some MSP are dispatched by local agencies, as others have mentioned.

Post 26 units are dispatched by the Washtenaw Metro Dispatch, for example. (I have heard Post 29 units, too, lately.)

QwKiE

I found this out

Not sure of the frequency but all the state police on that side of the state in them areas are being dispached out of Lansing they say it won't hinder the dispach time at all but they are going to save lotsa money. I am sure the frequency will be found soon, might even be the same not sure. Rockford is where they were being dispached from but now being moved for the second time Rockford is not going to be a dispach location anymore.

Rockford State Police dispatchers prepare to be uprooted

I hope this artical helps you some to find the new dispach frequency.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The relocation of the dispatch center would not affect the talkgroups being utilized. There could a re-regionalization, and that might affect the talkgroups.

slash

I've been listening for years and the only time I've heard MSP post 64 units chime in on City/County analog repeaters were when they needed to coordinate with those officers and/or dispatch. I'm sure they are in some talkgroup on MPSCS. I plan on getting a P25 capable scanner hopefully for the holidays, so it would be nice if anybody definitively knows for sure. I *think* that they are dispatched out of Ottawa County Central Dispatch but can't be certain.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

If you haven't looked in the database, and the county Wiki entry, I would look there. (If you mentioned that already, I have forgotten, and it's too hard to check on the mobile site.)

slash

I dug up an old forum post from last year and bergg posted this:

It's my understanding that MSP cars are on the radio of whatever county they are working.

So if Muskegon or Ottawa or Kent etc, they have a radio that can communicate with that Sheriff Dept.

Of course they all have the standard 800 MSP radio.

Post 64, Grand Haven, uses Talkgroup 60N (region 60, north talkgroup) out of Grand Rapids.

Hope this helps.

http://forums.radioreference.com/michigan-radio-discussion-forum/193440-help-grand-haven-state-police.html

draftpeppin

I can confirm that the 64xx units are dispatched very frequently on Muskegon County and Ottawa County dispatch frequencies. I listen to both frequently.

bergg

Premium Subscriber
Specifically, MSP Grand Haven, Post 64, uses talkgroup REGD6N (region 6, north channel) to communicate with Rockford Regional Post 60. Mainly on Ottawa County Sheriff for most traffic, but to communicate with MSP, 64 calls use REGD6N talkgroup.

Hope this helps. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.