MSP maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

313RADIO

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Does someone have a link to a map that shows the jurisdiction boundaries for individuial MSP posts, specificially in metro detroit? Thanks

313RADIO

yes i seen this it shows the District's but is there one that show the actuall Post boundaries?

jimsokol

Premium Subscriber
If you click on the link electricman provided, then click on a district, then on a post or satellite, you may see a map of jurisdictional info for that post or satellite. This info is not listed for all posts and does not appear to list anything for the one(s) you are interested in.

Also, there used to be a document called "Michigan Municipalities and Place Names", that would list post numbers for most place names in Michigan (even the tiny hamlets). Unfortunately, the last one of these I saw was dated 2002. Anyone see a newer one anywhere?

...jim

bigbluemsp

No there is nothing in print on the internet about post boundries.

What post are you in need of boundries for?

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Does someone have a link to a map that shows the jurisdiction boundaries for individuial MSP posts, specificially in metro detroit? Thanks

I can only say for my area's. I should note that some posts cover more than 1 county and some counties have more than 1 post. These are probably not exact, gives you a rough idea and of course a trooper could wind up in another area for a variety of reasons.

#21 Oak Park- Oakland County (D2NORTH)
#24 Richmond- Not sure Macomb County? (D2EAST)
#25 Taylor- Wayne County (Except freeways within Detroit) (D2SOUTH)
#26 Ypsilanti- Washtenaw County (Dispatched on Washtenaw TRS, but also use D2SOUTH)
#27 Groveland (Not sure, mostly NW Oakland Co) (D2NORTH)
#28 Monroe- Monroe County (Dispatched on 58P911, but also use D2SOUTH)
#29 Detroit- Freeways within Detroit (D2WEST)

Paul

313RADIO

Good stuff here. Thanks for the info guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.