MSP ? Pickup Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

archduke

Premium Subscriber
Maybe not the place for this post but F W I W...I was on 301 in Queen Anne's County on 11/16 and was startled to see a black ton and a quarter pick up (didn't get the make) with "4 x 4" decals on the side pounce on and light up its interior red and blue strobes and use its siren to pull over a semi that was doing about 70mph. Oh yeah, smoked windows too. Did not see any low band antennas, only saw a couple of lumps on the roof that could have been 800MHZ dome antennas. Also could not see any truck weighing type gear in the pick up bed, so I am guessing that yesterday at least this guy was doing speed enforcement and not transport enforcement.

md_p97

Maybe not the place for this post but F W I W...I was on 301 in Queen Anne's County on 11/16 and was startled to see a black ton and a quarter pick up (didn't get the make) with "4 x 4" decals on the side pounce on and light up its interior red and blue strobes and use its siren to pull over a semi that was doing about 70mph. Oh yeah, smoked windows too. Did not see any low band antennas, only saw a couple of lumps on the roof that could have been 800MHZ dome antennas. Also could not see any truck weighing type gear in the pick up bed, so I am guessing that yesterday at least this guy was doing speed enforcement and not transport enforcement.

I've seen 5/4 ton, Excursions and Expeditions pulling over trucks to perform roadside inspections up around Rts I-70&81 up near Hagerstown, and they were completely blacked out.

Last edited:

Dewey

I've seen 5/4 ton, Excursions and Expeditions pulling over trucks to perform roadside inspections up around Rts I-70&81 up near Hagerstown, and they were completely blacked out.

Same thing here at the bottom of the DC Beltway (I-495/95) and below concerning the Excursions and Expeditions. I've also seen them stop "ordinary" cars (& SUVs) on MD Rte 210, but that is not the norm, and may only be the egregious violators.

Dewey

ambdrvr

Premium Subscriber
MSP Pickup

Hello,

My guess would be CVD (Commercial Vehicle Division). They used trucks years ago to haul all the scales and what not around with them but then went to the SUV's. My guess is that they have started to go back to pickups again. Just my 2 cents worth.

Ambdrvr

Status
Not open for further replies.