MSP Posts Numbers and Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Would anyone have a link that would list the posts numbers by county. Also, where is dispatch center for MSP located at, Lansing??

Check this website below, it will provide you with the info you're looking for. I can't answer the dispatch question. I think each district has its own dispatch but others on this forum will be able to say for sure.

MSP - Districts & Posts

Last edited:

Jimmy252

I know District 2 dispatch, known as "20" is downtown detroit, last i knew it was at the Greyhound station.

And district 7 "70" is at the traverse city post *i think*.

mkoronka

District 7 is actually out of the Gaylord dispatch center. There they answer all of Otsego Counties 911 calls as well as traffic for district 7 and district 3.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
MSP District 2

No, District 2 is now dispatched out of the Metro Post on 10 mile road in Madison Heights. They built that several years ago and dispatch D2 North, South East and West from there.

I know District 2 dispatch, known as "20" is downtown detroit, last i knew it was at the Greyhound station.

And district 7 "70" is at the traverse city post *i think*.

mkoronka

I am sorry Flintstone4680 I should have been more specific in my post this morning. I stated that the Gaylord Dispatch Center handles Otsego Counties 911 and traffic for D7 and D3. That traffic includes LEIN, generating complaint numbers, roads and weather as well as units checking in at the start of their shift with mobile and prep numbers and again at the end of their shift. General dispatch and 911 calls are dispatched from the 911 call centers in both D7 and D3. I know where most 911 call centers are up north here but am not familiar where they are in D3.
A couple of years ago while traveling to and from down state I would here the same dispatchers voices that I hear up here all the time up here in D7 but they were talking to D3 units on their TG's and could not figure out why so I asked a state police officer. He told me then that station 70 and station 30 radio traffic originates from the dispatch center here in Gaylord in the same room but different consoles. The dispatchers also answer phones from the posts that may not have an officer at the posts. So when you or anyone from D3 hears a D3 car requesting a complaint number from station 30 the voice on the other end is from a dispatcher sitting or standing at a console here in Gaylord.

Thanks,
Mike

SCPD

QRT
I am sorry Flintstone4680 I should have been more specific in my post this morning. I stated that the Gaylord Dispatch Center handles Otsego Counties 911 and traffic for D7 and D3. That traffic includes LEIN, generating complaint numbers, roads and weather as well as units checking in at the start of their shift with mobile and prep numbers and again at the end of their shift. General dispatch and 911 calls are dispatched from the 911 call centers in both D7 and D3. I know where most 911 call centers are up north here but am not familiar where they are in D3.
A couple of years ago while traveling to and from down state I would here the same dispatchers voices that I hear up here all the time up here in D7 but they were talking to D3 units on their TG's and could not figure out why so I asked a state police officer. He told me then that station 70 and station 30 radio traffic originates from the dispatch center here in Gaylord in the same room but different consoles. The dispatchers also answer phones from the posts that may not have an officer at the posts. So when you or anyone from D3 hears a D3 car requesting a complaint number from station 30 the voice on the other end is from a dispatcher sitting or standing at a console here in Gaylord.

Thanks,
Mike

I guess they're even more strapped for cash than I thought. I know they dispatch both the north and south halves one one talkgroup simultaneously, sometimes north (1158), sometimes south (1243).

hazard78

Feed Provider
dispatch centers

distirct 2 "station 20" is not in a post it is seperate. and in fact station 30 is in gaylord
i work in the district two center

m297

No, District 2 is now dispatched out of the Metro Post on 10 mile road in Madison Heights. They built that several years ago and dispatch D2 North, South East and West from there.

Unfortunately this info is incorrect, the Station 20 Metro Dispatch center is still downtown Detroit.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Station 20

I stand red faced and corrected. It is downtown along with the MDOT camera system in the ITS center. Not sure where my brain went on vacation. However I was incorrect in my original posting.

Unfortunately this info is incorrect, the Station 20 Metro Dispatch center is still downtown Detroit.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know why there is no District 4? Was it combined into another district?

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
Counties Macomb & Roscommon MI Sarasota County
Here is what I have

Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS)
Regional Dispatch Locations

1st District – Station 10

DETROIT METRO Regional Dispatch
2nd District – Station 20
Cadillac Place 3050 W. Grand Blvd. Detroit, MI 48202

BRIDGEPORT Regional Dispatch
3rd District – Station 30
6280 Dixie Highway, Bridgeport, MI 48722

PAW PAW Regional Dispatch
5th District – Station 50
43255 60th Avenue, Paw Paw, MI 49079

ROCKFORD Regional Dispatch
6th District – Station 60
345 Northland Drive, NE, Rockford, MI 49341

GAYLORD Regional Dispatch
7th District – Station 70
563 S. Otsego, Gaylord, MI 49735

NEGAUNEE Regional Dispatch
8th District – Station 80
180 US-41 East, Negaunee, MI 49866

scsscanner

Premium Subscriber
Counties Macomb & Roscommon MI Sarasota County
Here is what I have (Updated)

Looks like my in info was outdated, here is an article from January 2010 that talks about Union Dispatchers from MSP.... and 4 Dispatch Centers.

UAW Local 6000 - State Police Dispatchers Testify Before Legislature

MSP has four dispatch centers that are open 24-hours a day seven days a week.
They are Gaylord Regional Dispatch in lower northern Michigan,
Second District Regional Dispatch in south east Michigan,
Rockford Regional Dispatch in west Michigan and
Negaunee Regional Dispatch in the U.P.

So it looks like....
2nd District Regional Dispatch (Detroit) Station 20
3rd & 7th District Regional Dispatch (Gaylord) Station 30 and 70
8th District Regional Dispatch (Negaunee) Station 80
6th District Regional Dispatch (Rockford) Station 60

So are the 1st and 5th Regional District Dispatch also in Rockford?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Before the economy tanked here in Michigan, the MSP was considering the implementation of a new District 4. This would have covered the eastern half of the Upper Peninsula, and the district headquarters (DHQ) would have been based out of Sault Ste. Marie. However, this plan has been shelved for now.

District 4 was originally "Troop D" and the DHQ was in Jackson. As a cost-cutting move in the early 1990s, District 4 was eliminated, as the state would have needed to expend a large amount of money to completely upgrade the district headquarters with a new building. From what some of the troopers over at Jackson told me, was the old building that was constructed just after World War I, was falling down and was in terrible condition. Likewise, the cockroaches were plentiful, and heating the building in the winter was pointless when the winds were gusting over 25 mph. Moreover, the electrical system would not support a modern communications center with PCs. Therefore, it was decided to abolish District 4, and divide the posts up between neighboring Districts 1 and 5.

Here is the breakdown of the old District 4:

Post 41: Jackson
Post 42: Adrian (Formerly Clinton)
Post 43: Coldwater *
Post 44: Blissfield Team **
Post 45: Jonesville
Post 46: Battle Creek

* Post 43 was originally located in Erie, but in 1958 they became Post 28 in District 2. Subsequently, with the planned construction of I-69 in the mid-1960s, Post 43 became the Tekonsha Team in late 1965, and later on moved down to Coldwater in the late 1980s.

** The Blissfield Post, was downgraded in the early 1970s and became a Team that affiliated with the Clinton Post.

73s

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.