MSP Recruit School

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluemsp

Mr. Hardcore Jim Volant is still putting pain on recruits? GOOD.

I have tons of respect for him after spending one week with him one summer.

He brings pain and motivation to a new level!

m297

Don't miss those day's, but they seem like yesterday.... Good luck 121st!!!!!!

mkoronka

Yea bigbluemsp I never got to work with Jim but I sure gained his respect from listening to him on the scanner. He is stationed out of Gaylord (post 73) here and has been here a long time well back into the low band days. He is quite the trooper and someone you want to keep on your good side.

bigbluemsp

Yea bigbluemsp I never got to work with Jim but I sure gained his respect from listening to him on the scanner. He is stationed out of Gaylord (post 73) here and has been here a long time well back into the low band days. He is quite the trooper and someone you want to keep on your good side.

He was my S.D.I. at the explorer academy and when he spoke you listened. He commanded respect by his words and with his actions. He wreaked of badassness and carried it like he knew he could use be becuase well he could.

I know guys that had him for DT in Troop School and they all came away saying he is one scary and painful man but very personable.

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
I met him at the CRTC up in Alpena just this summer, where he was running the explorer academy. Great guy, we spent a bit of time talking and such, but I wouldn't want to cross him.

MetroMike

Update: They Graduated

The 121st Trooper School graduated December 19, 2008, in Lansing.

From MSP:
LANSING. Michigan citizens will soon benefit from the services of 83 additional Michigan State Police (MSP) troopers following today’s graduation of the 121 st Trooper Recruit School.

“For our new graduates, today marks the beginning of your careers as Michigan State Troopers,” said Colonel Peter C. Munoz, director of the MSP, during his address to the recruits. “As troopers, I expect you will keep sacred the public’s trust in you and our agency, and serve with distinction and honor always.”

The 121 st Trooper Recruit School began on Aug. 10, 2008, when 101 prospective troopers, selected from over 4,000 applicants, reported to the MSP Training Academy in Lansing. Over a 19-week period, the recruits received training in patrol techniques, report writing, ethics, first aid, criminal law, crime scene processing, firearms, water safety, defensive tactics and precision driving. Graduating recruits were assigned to MSP work sites across the state and will report for duty beginning Dec. 22, 2008.

“I want to thank the families and friends of our newest troopers for the love and support you showed to your recruit throughout this school,” Munoz added. “I know you did an excellent job raising these 83 men and women because without a solid work ethic and sound core values, they never would have survived the rigors of our academy.”

Of the 83 graduating recruits, 79 are male and four are female. Fifty-nine have college degrees, 14 have served in the United States military and 19 have prior law enforcement experience, including nine who previously served as MSP motor carrier officers.

During this afternoon’s ceremony, which was held at the Lansing Center, the graduates were addressed by Governor Jennifer M. Granholm and Major General Thomas G. Cutler, the Adjutant General of Michigan and Director of the Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. "

You can see all of the fun they had at the recruit school photo album:
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1593_30536_37968-197438--,00.html

RayAir

Congratulations to the graduates. It looks like this is a tough academy, maybe tougher than the academies offered at local CC's. 10-mile run, holy *&%$! I don't think I could run over 2 miles.

bigbluemsp

A few of us on here have a Friend that graduated Troop School... He is a former Motor Carrier making the switch.

Congrats to him and CONGRATS to the new CUBS of the MSP...

Status
Not open for further replies.