MSP Road Runner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
For the past couple months I have heard units communicating with Road Runner? What kind of MSP unit is Road Runner?

Thanks

benasdf

At least around GR, the "road runner" is someone (not sure if a gov't entity or a private contractor) that does things like pick up large items on the roadway (tires, trash, fallen trees, etc). I don't think I've ever heard anyone communicate with road runner directly, but I've certainly heard it referenced by dispatchers before.

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have not heard Dispatch communicate with Road Runner, just other MSP units. In my neck of the woods, the Road Commision is responsible for clearing items out of the roadway. I have only heard Road Runner comms a couple times. If I were to guess I think it may be some type of operation?

PMSCAN

Premium Subscriber
MDOT Employee under contract with MSP from what I understand over here in Grand Rapids. Assume same east.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
MDOT Employee under contract with MSP from what I understand over here in Grand Rapids. Assume same east.

I listen to station 20 on a regular basis and have not heard any reference to a road runner unit. Must be a west side thing.

bergg

Premium Subscriber
Kent County "Road Runner"

In Kent county (Grand Rapids) the "Road Runner" is a pick up truck loaded with emergency and repair equipment.

It is a Kent County Road Commission truck and is dispatched by them and by MSP rockford. Very seldom he communicates with GR and Kent County Sheriff.

He is dispatched to crash scenes that need baracdes and lights etc. He determines how the scene will be
made driveable.

He will call in road commission trucks to do water drainage, tree removal, new guardrails etc.

Hope that helps.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Either that, or I thought maybe MSP liked the Dodge Chargers so much that they bought some Road Runners too. (Would they have the high tail spoiler?) :wink:

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Either that, or I thought maybe MSP liked the Dodge Chargers so much that they bought some Road Runners too. (Would they have the high tail spoiler?) :wink:

Yes, with the big red Unity light mounted on top :) Those would look cool as a blue goose.

Status
Not open for further replies.