MSP Simulcast Setting TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan02038

Premium Subscriber
I know the TRX-1 is not the best for simulcast systems. I had my TRX-1 working reasonably well when I lost all my settings for some unknown reason. I have patched it all back together but cannot remember the "optimum" settings for the MSP system. Can anyone help?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I know the TRX-1 is not the best for simulcast systems. I had my TRX-1 working reasonably well when I lost all my settings for some unknown reason. I have patched it all back together but cannot remember the "optimum" settings for the MSP system. Can anyone help?
Hello, I assume you mean DSP settings. The default is 64 you can go down and up in increments of 7, that seems to work the best. It's not going to help too much with decoding problems but it can help with the simulcast distortion. It does affect modulation.

Just to add, I have always liked the psr-800 design and especially like the addition of a keyboard by Whistler to the rebranded GRE. Sweet little radio before I needed to listen to phase 2 simulcast tdma. Doesn't work a lick and I have manipulated the three adjustments on a dozen different occasions with the hopes that that day something would be different.

You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over with the hopes that the outcome will be different LOL.

It's in the closet with other obsolete radios, I always hoped there would be some kind of firmware update or something that would allow it to work with simulcast distortion secondary to LSM.

Good luck, hope this helps... Bob.

Last edited:

LD723

Which site are you trying to monitor? Not all sites on the P25 CoMIRS system in western mass are simulcast but the simulcast sites carry most of the traffic because the non simulcast sites are just fill in sites

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Which MSP site location (broadcast tower location) are you monitoring?

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Okay guys now I understand the disconnect here. You're on the state forum talking about Massachusetts State Police.

I thought this was the Whistler forum and you were looking to make the adjustments in the DSP ADC and DAC to receive simulcast reception better.

I found the thread on the what's new section. Hey you might want to go to the RR Wiki and look up the DSP ADC DAC adjustments and maybe they'll help you to get better performance on simulcast from your TRX - 1 :p

Sorry for the confusion.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Okay guys now I understand the disconnect here. You're on the state forum talking about Massachusetts State Police.

I thought this was the Whistler forum and you were looking to make the adjustments in the DSP ADC and DAC to receive simulcast reception better.

I found the thread on the what's new section. Hey you might want to go to the RR Wiki and look up the DSP ADC DAC adjustments and maybe they'll help you to get better performance on simulcast from your TRX - 1 :p

Sorry for the confusion.
Where do you look in he Wiki? Not an easy place to find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.