MSP Troop B New Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

weather01089

The sites in the south half of the new build are coming on. Getting a solid control channel on 853.900, site ID is showing 125. Today a talkgroup logged on 2209, APCO25. Thats all the traffic on it so far. Signal very strong from this site. Talkgroup was on 851.425. Control channel is 9600 baud, shows the MSP system ID. More as it shows!

kb1ejw

Local Idiot
Feed Provider
Troop C updates too?

Also heard on C-Patrol 1 (and Local Ops 7) that the trunking system was going down at 0400 for approx 30 minutes. Wonder what updates they are doing for the C area as well..

kb1ejw

Local Idiot
Feed Provider
Ray, where is this "new build" you speak of? I.E. Where are the sites located? I didn't know MSP was adding P25 out this way (at least this soon)

garys

Premium Subscriber
All new sites, starting with Troop B and moving eastward as trunk sites are replaced with new equipment, will end up being P25. That process will take some time, maybe years, as there is only so much money allocated for new equipment each year.

Since 9600 baud systems are true P25, there will be no analog audio on them.

I wonder how they will handle simulcasts on older sites? Will traffic that originates on a new Troop B site be transmitted on an older TG in analog on a Troop C site? Or will they add new digital talk groups on the older sites since those presumably can handle digital audio already?

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I wonder if the XT scanners can be programmed as multi-site systems with some sites set up as 9600 baud and some as 3600 baud? Since each site is in reality it's own trunk system, I can't see why not, but I'll have to wait until I get home and can play with ARC-XT.

I have the same question about the PSR600/Pro-197, but since I don't use mine mobile, it's more curiousity than anything else.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'm thinking that we will have to build this as a separate TRS in the RR database. If those that are listening can start submitting some data via the submission form we will start building it as such.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Given some of the basic info gathered at SNE I have constructed the new system in the RR database. It will NOT show up yet as it is in staged mode until enough info to make it usable is gathered. Just posting this so another admin does not try to build something that already exists. :)

ecps92

Ray, couple of questions when you have time.

SysID ?
P25 NAC ?

Also attached is a ZIP with a KML/KMZ of 853.9000 licensed Sites in B-Troop for viewing in Google Earth

The sites in the south half of the new build are coming on. Getting a solid control channel on 853.900, site ID is showing 125. Today a talkgroup logged on 2209, APCO25. Thats all the traffic on it so far. Signal very strong from this site. Talkgroup was on 851.425. Control channel is 9600 baud, shows the MSP system ID. More as it shows!

Attachments

• 853.9000 MSP B-Troop.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.