MSP Troop D Talk Group 36499

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

Just snagged a brief conversation on the MSP Troop D system with a talk group number of 36499 and I cannot find it here in RR.

I will continue to monitor, but I will only be on the Cape for two more days, then back to NYC.

Any ideas, or did I miss it listed somewhere? So far I have not heard enough to be able to tell if it's law enforcement or something else.

Regards,
Jim

KB1UAM

The closest thing I found to 36499 is 36496 which is barnstable county sheriff. You sure it is 36499? Please double check for me. I am just curious you may have found a new talkgroup.

ecps92

Not knowing what Scanner you have, its a guess but an older scanner.

You actually heard 36496 [8e9h] where the h was using the status bit of 3
a +3 Status bit indicates the TG is patched to another TF

Take a window calculator enter the TG as a decimal enter of 36499
then just click on HEX and it changes the TG to 8e93 aka 8e9h
anything in the last field [this example 3] other than a ZERO indicates something special is occuring
to the TG [See RR WIKI]

The newer scanners do not display generally the Status bit changes/difference

Hi all,

Just snagged a brief conversation on the MSP Troop D system with a talk group number of 36499 and I cannot find it here in RR.

I will continue to monitor, but I will only be on the Cape for two more days, then back to NYC.

Any ideas, or did I miss it listed somewhere? So far I have not heard enough to be able to tell if it's law enforcement or something else.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
That's exactly what's happening. I've noticed that 36496 (Barnstable County Sheriff) is patched to another TG. I've been watching this before adding anything to the Wiki or SNE; I "think" it may have something to do with the current rebanding project. 38800 off the top of my head is the TG it's patched to.

ecps92

interesting, Patched to 979h, hmm

That's exactly what's happening. I've noticed that 36496 (Barnstable County Sheriff) is patched to another TG. I've been watching this before adding anything to the Wiki or SNE; I "think" it may have something to do with the current rebanding project. 38800 off the top of my head is the TG it's patched to.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
Hey ecps92,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm not sure what a "window calculator" is, unless you meant "Windows", as in MS?

Indeed I have an "older" model Uniden BC396T. I am definitely not as saavy as you guys with this technical side of trunked programming, but I will give it a whirl the next time I am on the Cape.

Thx again,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.