MSP Trunked User ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Anyone have a list of known user radio ID's for the MSP system? I've heard rumors that one exists but nothing definitive. I'm running uni-trunker on the zone 1, 3, and 5 control channels and would like to add that to my data. I already have 1,490 ID's logged and some are questionable.

Thanks in advance!

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
I just emailed Steve Johnson. Figure he if anybody may have a list. Otherwise I'm gonna have to get another receiver to follow the voice channels with uni-trunker. And somehow ID 1,700 some-odd ID's. Ugh.

Anyone got a list? Pleeeeeease?

drgrant

While we're on the subject of MSP monitoring....

How the heck do I confine my scanner to just picking up one realm of
operations?

I just picked up a GRE PSR-300 and dialed in some central MA and leominster
frequencies for MSP... basically I want to set it up so it just picks up Troop C, more
specifically C4. I'm guessing I have to program a certain realm of frequencies?

I have most of the central MA stuff programmed in, but I seem to be hearing
stuff from all over the place. Is there a simple way to confine it only to picking up
local stuff?

Thanks,

-Mike

SIGG

drgrant said:
While we're on the subject of MSP monitoring....

How the heck do I confine my scanner to just picking up one realm of
operations?

I just picked up a GRE PSR-300 and dialed in some central MA and leominster
frequencies for MSP... basically I want to set it up so it just picks up Troop C, more
specifically C4. I'm guessing I have to program a certain realm of frequencies?

I have most of the central MA stuff programmed in, but I seem to be hearing
stuff from all over the place. Is there a simple way to confine it only to picking up
local stuff?

Thanks,

-Mike

You basically want to program in the the control frequencies for the zone you're best able to pick up, then program in C-PTL-1 (which C4 uses), and lock everything else out.

C-PTL-1 can be heard on zones 05, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 16. Program your scanner for one of these zones, then program in the talk group for C-PTL-1 (ID:33776). I'm not sure how it works on GRE's but on my Uniden as long as it's set to ID scan (not ID search) it will only pick up the talk groups you have programmed in that are not locked out. You may also want to program in C-PTL-2 (ID:33808) which appears to be the car-to-car channel for C4 crusiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.