MSWIN and MHP TROOP C

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
Deighvid you are correct that the pro 197 can not get madison, but the fire departments are in the clear or analog.
The county dispatch is 159.090 and the ridgland fd is still on mswin and in the clear.
Canton fd is also analog.
Are you in southern madison county. If so i can help you set the radio up of you like

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

deighvid2011

Premium Subscriber
Deighvid you are correct that the pro 197 can not get madison, but the fire departments are in the clear or analog.
The county dispatch is 159.090 and the ridgland fd is still on mswin and in the clear.
Canton fd is also analog.
Are you in southern madison county. If so i can help you set the radio up of you like

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Basically I'm in Gluckstadt, between Madison and Canton. Which is considered South Madison county. To be sure I gave correct info I get Ridgeland and Madison Police, Ridgeland, Madison and Madison County EMA's all 5 by. Even here tho I have always had reception problems with Canton PD and FD. I now get Lake Harbour FD which is MSWIN Flowood Pd also MSWIN. Among others that I have not before. I'm certainly open to any info you might help me with that I have missed or just don't know. I had my system pretty clean a couple of years ago, now it's loaded helter skelter of course.

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deighvid2011

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Sir! Mighty nice. I will be out of pocket the next couple of days but if you could either refer me to some info on TRS theory and how it all ties together that would be a great start. I use the ARC 500 software to up and download to my 197 but like I said I have loaded so much I know I have a lot of stuff loaded that is doing me no good. When I look at the hit counts probably 80+ percent is zero so I presume those are just out of range. I also guess as I stated earlier it must be getting close to time to upgrade and I have been looking at the Whistler TRX-2. I would not rule out at some point letting you see first hand what I have. Even tho I've had my 197 for years I still feel like a rookie lol.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
MHP in Jackson has gone to phase 2. All other districts are still phase 1. I have a pro-197 and a bcd 536hp and I only receive them on the bcd536hp which is phase 2. I still receive Brookhaven and Greenwood districts on the pro-197.

deighvid2011

Premium Subscriber
MHP in Jackson has gone to phase 2. All other districts are still phase 1. I have a pro-197 and a bcd 536hp and I only receive them on the bcd536hp which is phase 2. I still receive Brookhaven and Greenwood districts on the pro-197.

Where are you located? I have never been able to get Brookhaven or Greenwood, and do you have an external/outside antenna. What TRS system and freqs if you don't mind?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Mswin is the only system mhp uses.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

deighvid2011

Premium Subscriber
I have a TRS that shows up as "Troop C" that mine was showing on. This goes back to my lack of knowledge on how the systems actually work and where the locations are physically located. I'm pretty sure my Ridgeland and Madison PD's are under the "Lake Cavalier" location.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I live northeast of VICKSBURG about 8 miles and yes I have an outside antenna (omnidirectional tv). I receive from Monroe La to Madison to Magee to Rankin County. I am at approx. 365 feet elevation (antenna only 25 feet). As far as the freqs, I get Greenwood from MSWIN Fitler and Grace sites and Brookhaven from Jackson and ETV Raymond sites. Ridgeland and Madison can be picked up from Lake Cavelier as well as Madison Co EMA. In case anyone is interested, Warren County is using MSWIN as well as Vicksburg PD. The other agencies are moving there as soon as they get the radios.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I have a TRS that shows up as "Troop C" that mine was showing on. This goes back to my lack of knowledge on how the systems actually work and where the locations are physically located. I'm pretty sure my Ridgeland and Madison PD's are under the "Lake Cavalier" location.

Those are not TRS, those are sites on one statewide TRS. The MSWIN.
Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN) Trunking System, Jackson, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies

I highly suggest you read this: Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki
And this: Common Trunking Programming Questions - The RadioReference Wiki

And this to understand some more about how your scanner works: Pro-197 - The RadioReference Wiki
Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Last edited by a moderator:

deighvid2011

Premium Subscriber

Great! I will definitely read all that info. As an example I have 27 lines of TSYS. 11 are MSWIN and each has a different set of frequencies. I also have 826 talk groups and many are dupes. Pretty much looks like a mess of data but I am getting my usual traffic plus the new ones I mentioned earlier. I I'm sure some study of the above wiki will help me to sort it out.

deighvid2011

Premium Subscriber
I live northeast of VICKSBURG about 8 miles and yes I have an outside antenna (omnidirectional tv). I receive from Monroe La to Madison to Magee to Rankin County. I am at approx. 365 feet elevation (antenna only 25 feet). As far as the freqs, I get Greenwood from MSWIN Fitler and Grace sites and Brookhaven from Jackson and ETV Raymond sites. Ridgeland and Madison can be picked up from Lake Cavelier as well as Madison Co EMA. In case anyone is interested, Warren County is using MSWIN as well as Vicksburg PD. The other agencies are moving there as soon as they get the radios.

I got the Fitler, Grace, 2 Brookhaven's put in now. I did have the Jackson and ETV Raymond in but not getting any MHP tfc. That part may be a reception issue. Still willing to learn and appreciate all the help Milf and SLH.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
First let him get an basic understanding of trunking, the MSWIN, and especially his scanner. Then he will learn how to properly set up the MSWIN in his scanner. He will not be able to hear F&W, or MHP Troop C, and very soon, no State Agencies. Unless he upgrades to an Phase II TDMA capable scanner. It will not be a long time, it is going to be happening very fast now. MHP should be fully TDMA by the end of this year, and all the rest very soon thereafter.

deighvid2011

Premium Subscriber
First let him get an basic understanding of trunking, the MSWIN, and especially his scanner. Then he will learn how to properly set up the MSWIN in his scanner. He will not be able to hear F&W, or MHP Troop C, and very soon, no State Agencies. Unless he upgrades to an Phase II TDMA capable scanner. It will not be a long time, it is going to be happening very fast now. MHP should be fully TDMA by the end of this year, and all the rest very soon thereafter.

Agreed! Looks like I have plenty to read. I figure I will at some point in the near future consider upgrading to a Phase II TDMA unit. As I said I see the Whistler TRX-2 is catching my eye. So far $484 is the best price I have seen. But I will get more familiar with the basics and theory before I pull the trigger. Really appreciate all the help and info guys!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.