MSWIN Phase II??

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglogdog

Just got a Radio Shack Pro-106 and works great with MSWIN. From what I've been reading, the scanner won't work when it goes to phase II (TDMA).. Anyone know when the state will go to phase II? Thanks.
- Taylor

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The new GRE that is comming out, as well as the Uniden HP1 are supposed to be able to do Phase 2 P-25.

KE5TLF

Jan 1 2013.... I know this for sure

umm, yeah and the whole thing was supposed to be done by the end of last year too according to published statements.:lol:

But thanks to things like oil spills, floods, and tornados resources that would be working towards that preset goal got reassigned to more pressing needs as they arose. Not to mention the long, drawn out procedure just to get a site approved.

Now the big thing is getting the LTE stuff up by the deadline to collect that funding.

The new GRE that is comming out, as well as the Uniden HP1 are supposed to be able to do Phase 2 P-25.

There are NO current Uniden models that do any flavor of TDMA. The PSR-800 does X2 TDMA, but there is yet to be any results on whether it works with P25 TDMA. It is expected that the newly annouced PSR-900 will also do X2 TDMA at the very least.

Last edited:

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
there are hundreds of non-TDMA capable radios on MSWIN, the system will still support them and allow them to talk to the TDMA units. so it won't go completely quiet, but some newer depts may go full TDMA and thus go quiet to you. i have not heard for certain a date of teh switch yet, last i heard was it will not be until the system is built 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.