Mt Aloysius College PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

I was wondering if anybody knew for a fact the frequencies that the just formed Mt Aloysius College Police Department use in the Cambria County area.

I went to the database and FCC records but only seem to frequencies back when they had College Security and seem to be mutli-use frequencies that Admin and others are on.

I would have to think that the PD like UPJ PD and Saint Francsis PD would be on their own channel with repeater.

marksmith

I agree they should be on a separate frequency or frequencies, however I don't know that the campus is big enough that a repeater would be required for coverage.

Have not heard any new frequencies in my recent searches from Ebensburg in June and early July, but might not pick up 8 miles away if simplex.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

RedPenguin

Thanks

I agree they should be on a separate frequency or frequencies, however I don't know that the campus is big enough that a repeater would be required for coverage.

Have not heard any new frequencies in my recent searches from Ebensburg in June and early July, but might not pick up 8 miles away if simplex.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Thanks for the info.

I will try and monitor some of their known frequencies and maybe I'll find something.

So far haven't picked up anything.

I'm always somewhat curious in the University PDs because they seem to do more than at first glance.

Like UPJ PD seems to have an agreement to help out Richland PD and helped Joe Biden's Motorcade when he was traveling down Route 56 one time to go to Shanksville.

Last edited:

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anybody knew for a fact the frequencies that the just formed Mt Aloysius College Police Department use in the Cambria County area.

I went to the database and FCC records but only seem to frequencies back when they had College Security and seem to be mutli-use frequencies that Admin and others are on.

I would have to think that the PD like UPJ PD and Saint Francsis PD would be on their own channel with repeater.

I don't know about any "private" frequencies, but for day-to-day operations, Mount Aloysius PD uses the Cambria County Central/North PD channel, 453.300 MHz. They are identified on the radio as Car 921, Car 922, and Car 923. Saint Francis University PD are on the same channel, as Car 931, Car 932, and Car 933. UPJ PD operates on the Cambria County South PD channel, 453.375 MHz, identified as Car 941 through Car 946. I hope this is what you were looking for. See also: Cambria County, PA frequency reference and Cambria County, PA wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.