Mt. Laurel PD going to County Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if they are staying on the same channel. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Medford would be on P8 with Evesham and Medford Lakes.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Medford is considering repealing the ordinance to switch over to Central, but apparently this will not have any affect on the transfer. This is a political move due to a petition that 2000 voters signed. They still plan on going to Central.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Medford finally made the switch to full central dispatch this morning and switched to channel P8.

I'm very happy to hear this as my ears will finally get a break from the over/under modulated dispatchers and especially all that background noise they liked to broadcast. Although recently it seemed they had some new headsets that sounded outstanding, one female dispatcher continued to use this microphone they've had since the train station days.

Central sounds good as usual, nice clean audio with no backgroung noise.

wnjl

Anyone hear an updated timetable for now the lone ranger in self-dispatching PDs, Bordentown Twp., for Central to take them over? And would P-4 be split up as a result?

Monoxide16

i know this is not the right place to ask this question but having trouble starting a new post does anyone know what frequencie Glassboro PD is on dont here them on 507.3125,508.6125 or 508.3625.Thanks for any info.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
P36 is P11 now. I think Moorestown and Mapleshade are supposed to switch to this channel in the near future. Perhap Moorestown made the switch, I've been hearing them on there too.

dabronxx

On a regular scanner uniden can you get codes.For Maple Shade Moorestown in Burlington area.Thank You.Also when you say P36 P11 what does that mean.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
P11 and others are channel designators. They are commonly used to alpha tag a channel/talk group in a scanner or police radio.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
BTW I have not heard dist 37 (Medford Lakes) on P-8 for quite some time. Is it just that they are not busy or does Medford Twp. provide PD service for them now? Their web page shows a Police department but it could be old info.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Medford Lakes is still on P-8, just very slow. Residents voted down proposal to have Medford take over police duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.