Mt. Laurel PD going to County Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Mt. Laurel Police will switch over to Burlington Co. Central Dispatch on July 1. Haven't heard what TG they'll be on, more than likely it will be P2A (18704) I worked there as a dispatcher in 1978 for 4 months before the town was built up, did PD, FD, & EMS, it was so rural there were shifts the phone didn't ring.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Mt. Laurel has their own TG on the system, its labled P*36, I forget the TG number off the top of my head. I highly dought they will stick them on P2A, there is enough on that channel already. I was even surprised Moorestown got put on that channel since there is a P*31 TG on the system for them. I suppose it easier for a dispatcher to keep them all on one channel.

Danny6569

Mt.laurel

Mt.laurels tgid is 18800 which is p-36 they switch back and forth between the 500.587 conventional channel, and the digital p-36 channel, not sure what there gonna be on now that centrals gonna be dispatching them.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Every town that was self dispatched when the trunked system was installed was given their own TG, doesn't mean they'll use that TG. P2A which was P-20 was used because Cinnaminson was the first town to go to County after the trunked system was installed. A lot depends on activity, Mt Laurel is one of the busier PD's, may warrant their own operator and TG ala Willingboro. Maple Shade is now expected to go to County at then end of the summer. That will leave Bordentown Twp, Florence, & Medford as the only self dispatched PD's.

Danny6569

Dispatch

Add florence to the list now too there going also, im not saying mt.laurel will use the p-36 tgid, but i have heard them on it numerous times along with the analog channel they have, im sure that will change soon though.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Danny about Florence, saw that in Sunday's paper, they're talking about switching in the fall. The County Public Safety Director is asking for another police dispatch position to be activated.

Danny6569

Dispatch

Im thinking maybe they will put maple shade on the P-8 tgid, and maybe florence on the P- 1 tgid ? i dont see why they wouldnt, because maple shade is right near marlton and they only have one town on that tgid, and the P-1 tgid only has 2 towns on theres, and there connected to the 2 towns on P-1 now.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yea they probably will put Florence on P-1 since its right next to burlington. I dunno if they'd really put a channel with maple shade and evesham on it, since they are in different response zones. Wonder if they'd end up putting maple shade and mt. laurel on p-36 since they just said another dispatch position was open. I also wonder if we'd be able to hear it on the west zone, since we can't hear p-2 or p-20 most of the time from there. And I hope florence doesn't go to p-4 otherwise I'd never hear it.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
When Mt Laurel PD goes to county dispatch would Moorestown PD go on with Mt Laurel

Moorestown is already on the system on channel P2-A. Depends which channel they decide to put Mt Laurel on when thay make the switch. P2-A is pretty busy already. I would think Mt Laurel would be on thier P-36 TG. Who knows.

abross

Hey. I just recently found out exactly what is going to happen (at least according to very reliable sources). Mount Laurel will be on the same channel as Moorestown. I just can't remember off the top of my head which channel that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.