• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MT1000 out of band HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Have a repeater i setup and it is on vhf band. i have 2 vhf MT1000 and 2 UHF MT1000's. I Need to program the UHF radios to VHF. I have all programming cables and RSS. How is this done? Any information would be helpful.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Moved this and your other thread to Motorola forum. Please read the forum descriptions and make sure you post to the right forum, Thanks.

Last edited:
When i recieved the UHF radio it did have vhf and 800Mhz frequencys on it. so it is posssible but i am not sure exactly what needs to be done.

K

kb0nly

When i recieved the UHF radio it did have vhf and 800Mhz frequencys on it. so it is posssible but i am not sure exactly what needs to be done.

If it had frequencies from two different bands someone royally screwed it up, because it is NOT possible.

I have owned dozens of MT1000's, VHF, UHF, the MTX800 which looks like the MT1000 but is 800Mhz. They are all band specific inside, RF board, etc. You can swap RF boards around, take a VHF RF board and put it in a UHF radio and then reprogram it as such, but you can't just reprogram from one band to another, not possible.

well this one transmitted and recieved on all three bands but the regular rss automatically corrected them when i read it so now its back to just uhf

K

kb0nly

well this one transmitted and recieved on all three bands but the regular rss automatically corrected them when i read it so now its back to just uhf

Then you either got a one of a kind radio that nobody has ever seen before or its not a MT1000. You sure it actually transmitted and received? Just because those frequencies are in there doesn't mean it was working.

I am personally familiar with all the service manuals for this series from cover to cover.

Then you either got a one of a kind radio that nobody has ever seen before or its not a MT1000. You sure it actually transmitted and received? Just because those frequencies are in there doesn't mean it was working.

I am personally familiar with all the service manuals for this series from cover to cover.
I talked to the guy i bought it from and he said he used a modified version of the RSS and it is an MT1000. I bought 2 radios from him VHF UHF. they bolth had out of band programming on it... There are two ways of doing it. using the new RSS or takin the codeplug data and opening it with a HEX editor, im just not sure exactally how.

Last edited:

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Well there's one thing of force feeding frequencies into a radio and another of the hardware being able to accept and respond to those frequencies. I'll side with kb0nly, a radio can only go so far outside its rated specs. If you show me a UHF MT1000 that will RX & TX on VHF, I'll eat 25 feet of rg-58 for breakfast!

Whatever this guy can do with go-fast RSS or a hex editor, he's just plain yanking you about the results.

Well when I received the radios, they had 800 Mhz VHF and uhf on it. It transmitted and received well but as soon as I went to change the frequencys the RSS corrected the out of band changes.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Absolutely, positively, flat out impossible.

The MT1000 (like most single-band radios) can be stretched a few MHz +/- out of their normal bandsplit, but no single radio could even so much as cover the entire band it operates in, to say nothing of the utter impossibility of it operating across multiple bands as far apart as VHF and 800 are.

Not to be a dick, but you were totally BS'd by the seller if he told you he had VHF, UHF and 800 programming within a single radio, and it somehow worked properly. "Hacked RSS" or not, it's BS, plain and simple. And as far as you personally verifying that the radio "transmitted and received well" on all three bands...well let's just say that I think it was either wishful thinking on your part, or you're not quite sure what you're looking at, or you have a really good imagination!

CCHLLM

Absolutely, positively, flat out impossible. <------- Yeah, what he said......

1) if it were possible for there to be a tri-band version of the MT1000, there would be no need for the discreet frequency/tuning components of that era in every other MT1000 ever produced to be different for each band, much less for different range splits within bands, nor would the controllers need to be different, and

2) I would like to see the collection of internal multiband antenna feedline components available in that period necessary to accomplish multiband antenna tuning/matching and accommodation of external antenna switching, and still fitted within the same physical space as the single band components the rest of us are familiar with. And what does the antenna look like?

3) And none of the software I've ever seen for Genesis radios has the capacity to "correct" anything without direct user responses to error conditions.

I am very familiar with the insides of Genesis radios and the software and I call total BS. You were either badly duped or you are trying to dupe (troll) us.

Last edited:
Well it worked ok for me. the out of band frequencys were underpower and not reliable for a siginal but it worked when i had it.

petnrdx

That is just not plausible.
Be specific and tell us exactly what "out of band" frequencies you were using, and what repeater frequencies you were able to work maybe we can figure out what has happened.
I have LOTS of experience with MT1000's and I ( like many others above have stated ) can tell you that there is no way to make a VHF MT1000 work on UHF or the other way around.
And they never made an MT1000 for 800 mhz.
So, somehow you have been mislead.
Best guess I have is you might have been using your VHF radio when you thot you had UHF, or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.