• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mt2000/ht1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
I just got a cable off ebay (KAWA MALL) for the HT1000/MT2000,

There are 2 diff errors I get depending on what I am doing. When I try to read the radio I get "Warning Communication with radio failed protocol entry error"

If I do a com test I get "Warning Communication with radio failed Bus data collision on TX error"

Anyone know what this means?

The computer I use has always worked great on Com 1 and with GM300 and Maxtrac programming. It has Win 98 on it but used to have Win 95 and as I recall a 486. Put it in dos and also the program is dos. The program Im not sure which version but is available to be shown if it matters. I tried Com 1 thru Com 4 and get the same message (thats it just 4 com ports). Not sure what else to say unless there is a problem with the cable?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The MT2000 requires different software than the HT1000.

The MT2000 works off RVN4097 - MTSX RSS.
The HT1000 is a separate package that I don't recall the part number for and I don't think MOL has available anymore anyway.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I assume that's a ribless cable, which usually work fine. Something easy to try is cleaning the radio contacts with a pencil eraser.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
OK Thanks. I will give this a try later. Work soon. Yes it is a ribless cable. I have both of the softwares. Tried the ht1000 with the ht1000 software and mt2000 with mt2000 software. Got the same errors on both. Both fully charged and new batteries.

I googled the errors but nothing really comes back onther than a 2004 post on this board but it wasnt finished and the person never added the results of the com test. Im not sure if there is a code sheet somewhere that could say what these errors are or not.

Thanks.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If cleaning the contacts doesn't do it, make sure the cable is sound and solid. The last eBay cable I had for Jedi radios had pins that would fold over if the cable wasn't attached exactly right, and that would cause the transfer to fail. I've since replaced my cables with real honest to Mother M ungodly expensive legitimate AMP cables, because I wasn't willing to burn up a radio messing around like that.

I always thought that Protocol Entry Error and/or Bus Data Collision were most commonly seen when running on a fast(er) machine or under Windows, though. You're booting that computer right into DOS mode, right - either F8 at the initial bootup screen or Start>Shutdown>Restart in MS-DOS Mode ? Not running the program by opening up a command prompt... right?

I had a problem with my DOS/RSS programming computer a few weeks ago when the CMOS battery barfed. Took ages to realize that somehow it had decided that COM ports were not going to be enabled by default in MS-DOS mode after that. Once I got them working, things came up roses.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
OK. I just gave the HT1000 a try. The above were errors for the MT2000.
The software is loaded in dos and the same way which I use the software for GM300 and Maxtracs. That cable should be here mid week. (I have borrowed a rib box and GM300 & Maxtrac cable in the past and used on this computer)

When I click read the HT-1000 w/HT1000 software I was able to get about a minutes worth of it saying "reading radio codeplug com port event". Then the big red box comes up and says

Rib port communication unsuccessful

Probable causes

Rib has no power
No rib or rib malfunctioning
poor connection between rib and pc
pc (pc serial card) malfunctioning

correct and hit any key to continue.
----------------------------
Its supposed to be a ribless cable so I dont see a way to add power to it.
No Rib, maybe they sent the wrong one
not sure on the pc serial card

rick40c

problem

I have the same cable and have had the same problem.....two things it can be...check and make sure the cable you ordered is a ribless go back to the listing and read his wording...he sales both some require rib...which work better by the way. If you have the right cable then file down the plastic edges...on the cable look closely and you will see there is a space where the connector and the radio meet. The clip has plastic edges that prevent it from laying flush against the radio, also get some steel wool and lightly sand the contacts on the radio....your experiencing connection problems. To confirm this hold the radio in your and tightly and squeeze the connector into the radio for good contact.
Hope this helps. I solved the problem by getting a better connector...the ribless is better made.

cu later
Rick

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
OK, interesting. I actually had wondered if maybe they sent the wrong one, not sure of the chances but this is the link to what was ordered http://cgi.ebay.com/RIB-less-Progra...36327QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

I may give that a try, but will have to look closer to see and be sure so I dont do anything drastic and come to find out it is the cable that needs a rib or something. I may end up just sending this back and having them send me another just to give a 2nd cable a try and if it still is a problem then I may consider having someone better than I take a look at it as I am not always the best with what you are describing but know some people who could take a look and probably could even build me the cable with the rib included providing they had the stuff and blue prints.

Im not sure what would be different about a rib vs. a ribless cable, I would guess the rib is built into the connector which is sealed. Other than the Kenwood cables which basically they have a mini board or rib built into the connector which I have seen but they are easier to open (the ones I have at least). I see you said it is the same one as I have and had the same problem. The link above is what was ordered but like I said I guess its possible to maybe have sent the wrong one.

I did forget to mention, the best response I had from the radio was when you push F2 to retry the radio shuts off and right back on. Not sure if this would help at all but seems like it is getting some sort of connection based on this happening. It does it on both the HT1000 and MT2000 with their respective softwares.

Also, in my searchings I have seen people say about different versions of the software which it says about late 1997 in the copy I have, also seen people tal about RSS and CPS? I think it was. For the MT2000 software at least it says RSS abd uts Version R06.00.00 and September 7, 1997. For the HT1000 I have the Lab tool software Version B02.07.00 from Feb 3, 1994 and the RSS Version R03.03.00 from April 10th 1998 if this helps also.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
MT2000 codeplug model H01KDD9AA4AN

Does anyone have a good codeplug for model H01KDD9AA4AN MT2000 VHF? My email is fpcaptain at yahoo dot com

Thanks.

franka00213

Just a thought and if all else fails on two of my mts2000`s I wasnt able to read or write to them, but when I changed out the face plate it worked fine. You can try useing a different face plate, this may be your problem.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
Actually, I got rid of the ribless cable and got the rib box and cable. I was then able to read and write. The next day I went to try it again as I wasnt finished playing and I havent been able to read it since. I was able to do the com test and enter into the service part but not able to read. I suspect the codeplug got corrupted maybe. Then over the weekend I was messing with the depot program and now the radio isnt working at all except for the green light light stays on when I turn the radio on, no display etc. So I wanted to tro to dump a codeplug in to maybe revive it. I cant seen to find one with the right model. The one I foudn was 1 character off but of course isnt good enough. The Ht1000 I get an error or 2 and then it reads and writes no problem just need to get the MT 2000 going. Im beginning to think it will be a brick because I cant find one, and dumb me I didnt save the codeplug like I should have.:roll:

RKG

Did anyone tell you that you CANNOT use HT1000 RSS or MTSX RSS in a so-called "DOS Window" under any flavor of windows? You must run these packages on a machine running native DOS (MS-DOS 6.22 or PC-DOS 7.1 are known good). The explanation is complicated; you can find several threads on Batlabs.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
Yeah, I have seen that in probably every RSS post I have ever read. LOL I am not totally new to this but am to the MT-2000. I have done GM300's, Maxtracs, MT1000's and some Kenwoods which of course are much nicer. I was able to read and write once and I think i wrote a 2nd time actually but havent been able to since.

Thanks.

baker954

Premium Subscriber
I had the same communications problems at first.

I have a computer with Windows 98SE and I was doing the whole "re-start in MS-DOS mode".

Wasn't working.

I then came across a MS-DOS startup disk that I created in Windows Milennium sometime in the past.

LIKE A GLOVE it worked, and still works. Over and over and over again.

Moto_Jedi

I had the same communications problems at first.

I have a computer with Windows 98SE and I was doing the whole "re-start in MS-DOS mode".

Wasn't working.

I then came across a MS-DOS startup disk that I created in Windows Milennium sometime in the past.

LIKE A GLOVE it worked, and still works. Over and over and over again.

FYI it won't work directly in Windows98SE. Native O/S must be Windows98 or older. Otherwise, you do need the MS-DOS Start-Up disc up through WindowsME.

CMUchippewa

Ht1000

I have the same problem as the gentleman above: "Rib Port Communication Unsuccessful". I tried all the above suggestions, but I cannot get it to work. I have a Texas Instruments TravelMate 6030 laptop (with an OS of Win95) with a 133 MHz processor. I'm using a ribless cable, and I'm running the RSS in pure DOS and not through a window in Win95. I tried restarting Win95 into DOS, and I also tried booting DOS from a floppy...still nothing worked. I checked the device manager and it says COM1 is "working properly". I also checked the BIOS and the serial port is enabled. I'm so confused on why this isn't working! The RSS is for the HT1000, and not any other radio. I wish I had someone here to just set this up for me! I spent literally hours on Google.com searching threads and trying to find answers!

Do I have to go to the device manager and set up the bits per second to make it faster or slower? I don't know if I have to change any settings

Hopefully you guys have an answer for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.