• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MT2000 Problem (will not Rx until Tx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDogg1110

What would cause this problem? I have a couple of Motorola MT2000 VHF radios with this problem. On any given channel, the radio will not receive until you transmit on that channel. Once you have keyed up, then transmissions begin coming through fine until you turn the radio off or change channels.

Troubleshooting steps:

I have read a radio that was programmed the same way, then read one of the trouble radios. I then compared both line by line, feature by feature. Everything seems to be the same.

Can anyone advise?

evfd1625

re

I had an HT1000 that did the same thing. Wouldn't even light up on the top to show the channel busy. Would key up and it would receive, other than that never figured it out. As long as I left battery on, It wouldn't have the same problem upon power up, but if battery was removed it would need to be keyed again.

NateDogg1110

I will double check the Quick Call Paging and report back. I'm pretty sure that it is not enabled.

NateDogg1110

Ok That was the issue. It was the Quick Call being set to AND. I moved it to OR and bam, the radio works how it is supposed to. Nice. Thanks a million trlrdrdave!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.