MTA 125th st and GCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
Does anyone have the frequencies for Harlem 125th st and GCT Police, Fire and ops?
I see some in the DB but not sure if they have changed at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I have built a list of frequencies with close call over the last 6 months, but still am looking to confirm these.
As far as MTA police, fire and ems in GCT and MTA police, I haven't heard anything in relation to that unless they are on the TRS.

Darkstar350

Try 160.455 160.560 160.785 161.220 161.295 and 457/452.9125
I have also seen 155.760 listed as being used by the MTA but i havent confirmed
Those are all general MTA mobile freqs so its possible they could be using them simplex around GCT and whatnot
Also the MTA is now making more use of the Metro P25 system

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I've seen the MTA PD at 125th street with APX portables and it makes me wonder if they are on the TRS?

Darkstar350

They definitely use the Metro 25 system
Im not sure how much exactly but it just so happens that recently someone submitted a bunch of MTA talkgroups for the system State of New York Metro-25 Trunking System, New York City, New York - Scanner Frequencies

Also im not sure if the MTA has access to or exactly what the guidelines are but i wonder in cases where fire depts, etc are operating in the area would they use the national public safety interop channels
I always monitor those channels and i dont think ive heard any MTA ops but you never know

Last edited:

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I'll have to plug it into my scanner and see what I can come up with. I am gonna go through the FCC database and see what I can pull up later and report my findings

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Quote"I have also seen 155.760 listed as being used by the MTA but i havent confirmed.457/452.9125

Not being used was for a repeater downtown at #3 Broadway. The 452/457 are no longer used either,
they were for the mobile repeaters.

re my Quote" there are some frequencies at GCT that are not public and will not be released.

Those listed are not them.

Quote"Also im not sure if the MTA has access to or exactly what the guidelines are but i wonder in cases where fire depts, etc are operating in the area would they use the national public safety interop channels

All the APX radio have I-tac and V-tac channels in them, and the mobiles also have U-Tacs

The APX portables are VHF/800 and yes they use the Metro 25 a lot since the simplex range in the canyons of NYC is so poor.

I am trying to get a talk group setup to cross band on VHF.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I heard a call go out on fdny for a still alarm in GCT and the dispatcher told the battalion to pick up the HT to establish command in GCT. Do they go VHF when there is an incident in GCT?

Status
Not open for further replies.