MTA Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Tonight I am hearing some weird stuff coming over a couple channels labelled as MTA Police. I am not hearing it on my HPII , maybe because I have the zip code feature on that instead of a custom favorites list.

But on the BCD325P2 I am hearing things that sound weird. I used to hear this channel before and there were actual police type activities being discussed, though with strange accents. But now it sounds like a hodgepodge of weird stuff that doesn't really make sense.

I heard something about trains - did one or more of these channels get re-purposed into railroads channels? Or maybe they were just discussing something that happened on / near a railroad ...

Anyone in the Litchfield area able to chime in? @ems170 @WoodburyMan @leadjammer ?

Thanks!

MarkHam2B

Very likely you're hearing railroad related activity on the old VHF channels (you didn't specify what frequencies you were listening to). It's been a few years already where the MTA Police operating in Connecticut have been on the CSP radio system.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I meant to post the frequencies but then I got distracted and forgot.

853.3125 is one of them.

I have heard the MTA police before I just didn't hear this particular frequency. Maybe it was repurposed or maybe they just don't use it as much.

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
That is a Troop A&I control channel. If that was displayed, you were hearing them on the trunk system.
I would suggest you check the programming of the trunk system if you are seeing the frequency instead of the talkgroup ID. You should see 48464 or 3029 on the P25 system for MN PD.

chris

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
That is a Troop A&I control channel. If that was displayed, you were hearing them on the trunk system.
I would suggest you check the programming of the trunk system if you are seeing the frequency instead of the talkgroup ID. You should see 48464 or 3029 on the P25 system for MN PD.

chris

I suspect some frequency rebanding might be at play.

ems170

Feed Provider
It could have been the MTA transit TG. This is the TG that allows PSAPs and non-MTA to interact with the MTA for interop. Could have been an incident along the rail and a local service talking about slowdowns or stop orders. I did not hear it so this is only speculation. Otherwise may have been a dispatcher that got happy with a patch window on the console.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Rebanding was finished many years ago, not at all in play.
MTA has 2 TGIDs on the CT SW systems. If you use the downloaded RR info, you can hear them on the 800 but not on the 700 system because the TGs are not in the RR database.

chris

WoodburyMan

Tonight I am hearing some weird stuff coming over a couple channels labelled as MTA Police. I am not hearing it on my HPII , maybe because I have the zip code feature on that instead of a custom favorites list.

But on the BCD325P2 I am hearing things that sound weird. I used to hear this channel before and there were actual police type activities being discussed, though with strange accents. But now it sounds like a hodgepodge of weird stuff that doesn't really make sense.

I heard something about trains - did one or more of these channels get re-purposed into railroads channels? Or maybe they were just discussing something that happened on / near a railroad ...

Anyone in the Litchfield area able to chime in? @ems170 @WoodburyMan @leadjammer ?

Thanks!
I have those talkgroups deleted off my lists, I tend to make lists with just the control frequencies for that Troop, the talkgroups for that tropps, the statewide common, and special unit / tac talk groups. Everything else off. Then when I turn on my list for that troop, its just scanning that troops. Easier when I travel around than have it scanning everything. I have however been hearing more than usual Special Unit / Tactical activity on the CSP talkgroups there lately I have noticed. Seems either theyre using them more or just more incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.