MTA Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I meant to say 160.320....is that still active at NY Penn? I also have 161.490 as LIRR PD in my notes. I notice the TRUNKED system does not include a TG for NY Penn in the DB

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I meant to say 160.320....is that still active at NY Penn? I also have 161.490 as LIRR PD in my notes. I notice the TRUNKED system does not include a TG for NY Penn in the DB
Are you looking at the correct trunked system? Penn Station (and NYC in general) is covered by the Metro-25 system, whereas the surrounding counties are covered by the new MRRS system.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
To resurect and old post"
"I'm wondering are they still on vhf outside of the city and on the p25 system at places like Penn station and Grand Central?"

I was down at GCT this week to reprogramm some APX radios for the GCT Fire Brigade, and learned that MTAPD and Fire Brigade have moved over totally to the 700 subsystem (ID-26E) inside GCT. The VHF repeater I set up and District 5 7/800 crossband has been disconnected. I guess they got the bugs out of the 700 system inside GCT and are both off the VHF except for the Fire pagers.
Eventually it is reported as the MTAPD has their present APX units replaced with Harris units the Fire Brigade will get some MTAPD APX units, and switch over to the 700 system everywhere. The Fire Chiefs already have had 700 radios for some time.
As I understand it they will have trunk groups like PD of Dispatch, Car to Car and 1 encrypted channel.

Analogrules

Thanks for the update Radioman. I guess it wont hurt to keep some of the VHF channels in your scanner anyway just in case they are used as backup or for another purpose in the future.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
For GCT (161.220) the 2 systems have been severed from one another, and our VHF console is dead. So unless there is a major failure for an extended time frame I don't see it. Most failures for the 7/800 system so far has been issues with the T-1 carriers.
I also still hear 160.32 , it might be that the 7/800 does not work as well in Penn as it does in GCT, and I don't think the Metro-25 (800mhz ID 622 on Chrysler) has any coverage inside Penn just outside. A footnote 160.320 has 4 transmitter sites each on the four corners of the buildings, or one tranmitter split 4 ways per their license.
You might see 161.22 and 160.56 reassigned back to MNRR since they are the licensee after the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.