MTA Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Well that's good that they are in the clear for now, I know they were or had to add AES modules(original radios came with ADP)into over half of the original purchased radios including the GCT Fire Brigade and the F.B. Chiefs (don't know if that has been completed, but FB has not). There is also supposed to be a FD Talk Group on the sysytem as well.
I worked with their tech in setting up GCT Fire into the MTAPD radios and they are being VERY protective of their code-plug.
Scuttlebut is NYSP is also going to go on the system as well. Probably since some of the channels came from their assignment signed over years ago.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
You are correct, as of 1000 hours today MTAPD switched to the new system in every district excluding Penn, GCT and Flatbush for the time being. The VHF system outside the terminals will be used for backup purposes only.

At last check, they had no plans to leave CLMRN in Connecticut. You're advising they're switching off of that also? Or is it remaining an exclusion?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Scuttlebut is NYSP is also going to go on the system as well.
NYSP master plan is to operate on basically every P25 system in the state, in particular county or regional systems. They are already on Rockland's system, and are ramping up to begin operating on Orange's system soon. The MRRS will be no different, except that the MRRS's coverage is not nearly as good as a county system, so its value for NYSP will be fairly limited in most areas.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
NYSP master plan is to operate on basically every P25 system in the state, in particular county or regional systems. They are already on Rockland's system, and are ramping up to begin operating on Orange's system soon. The MRRS will be no different, except that the MRRS's coverage is not nearly as good as a county system, so its value for NYSP will be fairly limited in most areas.
Truthfully, I'm in Putnam, not far from the railroad. The best I get on my 436 is one bar from the system. I have a discone on the deck and fairly high on elevation, but Putnam's terrain is weird.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
There is a map of their sites so you may not be near one, as they favor RR track coverage. The ones I can confirm in Putnam and Dutchess are Rt 312 and I-84 (old Thruway tower), Monkey Hill in Brewster (where NYSEG is off Rt 6) , somewhere near Rt 164 and the old Beacon line near Ice Lake in Patterson, and the Wassaic train yard. My territory no longer covers that area so I can't go looking for them.
BTW something strange about the control channel is it cycles on/off and not constant carrier as other P-25 systems do.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
be mindful of how much you share on the internet because that's how we lose our hobby to encryption.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
BTW something strange about the control channel is it cycles on/off and not constant carrier as other P-25 systems do.
Huh? The control channels are not cycling on/off. :rolleyes: They may occasionally roll over to another frequency, but there is always a constant carrier control channel on at least one frequency. I've been locked onto two of the zones with Unitrunker for over a month, and at no point in time has what you described happened.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
No at various locations, Bronx, Croton on Harmon the control channel goes on/and off. This has been confirmed by watching a service monitor. I will try and make a recording,

Possible that they’re access disabling them for service? Not sure

scrappy212

I've been monitoring this system and it appears to have quite reliable coverage. Also heard radio techs testing communication with Troop L. It looks like NYSP will be on this system soon. So far it appears primary comms are in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.