Mto Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hello. Would anyone know where and or if there is any listing of Mto Enforcement bases?

I know that Orillia dispatched units are Tango numbers beginning with a 2 I.e 2255 and London dispatched cars use soft I'd's beginning with 3, I.e. 3555.

Its impossible to figure out where they are based out of because of their use of soft I'd's but there must be more than one base for Orillia and for the London dispatch?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

And for the MNR? They must have multiple basis in Ontario.

Thanks,

Eric

pathalogical

While airshow spotting at YYZ, I found a parking lot for rwy 6 approaches, northeast corner of 401 & Dixie Rd. In this lot was a fenced off section (gate with padlock) with MTO Enf vehicles in it. About 30 parking spaces and about 15-20 MTO cars. I saw one personal car arrive, unlocked the gate, parked his car and left with an MTO car, wasn't wearing a uniform. Maybe this was a base, if anything, it's easy access to the 401.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The MNR offices are available on the web.

There's not too many of them.

Never looked for MTO Offices but I do know that Barrie has one.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

Cool. Thanks for the info big, Steve and Path.

I once looked on the MNR site, I'll give it a look.

The "secrecy" of the MTO Enforcement seems wierd to me. You can find a lot about Patrol areas, even maps for so many cities and the OPP.

I'd love for someone in the know either explain why this is so.

Dare to dream.

acurayyz

There is a small lot connected to the 400 southbound lanes just south of Finch which houses the yellow MTO vans. The lot has a small gated entrance to the 400S.

400 highway - Google Maps

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
I know in Chatham they have 2-3 MNR trucks and 1-2 MTO cars sitting at the old MTO driver licence office.
Iv seen these trucks and cars sitting there for over 3 years.. Never seen them move thou. Id assume that is the chatham base?
For london they are at the Comm Center/Jail and their HQ there.. Or they hang out at the Putnam Scales

VA3QRM

MTO Windsor

Office space on Ouellette Place and Dougall and Windsor while operations; vehicles etc. , are at the Windsor scales eastbound on the 401 after C.R. 19 Manning interchange.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I don't think it is 'secrecy' so much as popularity. The OPP is a heck of a lot more popular for scanner listening than MTO (unless you're a trucker I suppose). That's likely why there isn't as much information out there about them. It IS out there, it's just a matter of digging it up.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Those are not all the Enforcement offices.

Barrie has an Enforcement office that's not on that list.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

IdleMonitor said:
Not sure, why it was so hard to figure out. I mean from what I can tell all the info is listed here.

Ministry of Transportation Offices

These by the looks of it, are just all regional offices or headquarters etc. Although my town is only listed as a Driver Examination place, there's always an MTO Enforcement unit parked there.

Its not that easy Idle. I hear the MTO enf units dispatched from Orillia for all over the GTA, and Golden Horseshoe.

When I monitor a tower like Cayuga or Brantford the Emforcement units are on I guess, patched talkgroups dispatched from London. So you hear them covering everything in the SW area, look at the OPP map to see what I mean.

There can't be just one detachement for the London dispatch area?

mciupa

*(My speculation)*

What about those little offices where the weigh scales are? Would Enforcement use them?

When I head out Milton way, the MTO VR chatter is non-stop most of the day and it's just a stones throw out of town.

Also, when they do blitzes for truckers, they haul them off at Kennedy Road in Toronto, or in Vaughan on 400 North, could the MTO ENF offices be close by?

Status
Not open for further replies.