MTO Maintenance Peel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi everyone just looking at Fleetnet this morning and I noticed that the MTO contracta companies to plow the 400 series highways. I see that is says Hamilton talkgroups would that include Peel as well??

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks Chrome I will program Hamilton area and GTA and see what I get

It depends what area of Peel. Morriston is located at Hwy 6 and the 401 in Wellington County. There are bases that cover the 401, 403, 410.

The Burlington Talkgroup seems to have units patrolling the QEW, Highway 427 & the 401 as far as Hwy 400 or Weston Road. I dont know where the MTO bases are in Peel. I know there is a MTO yard at Kipling Ave in the 416, maybe thats the bases for the Patrol area you will hear on the Niagara (patched or has taken over the talkgroup Burlington).

If anyone cares, our crappy winter is giving the MTO out on the Kings highways. Keep a listen out for these and please share your info in this sites wiki site.

ATCTech

There's been an MTO yard on the northeast corner of 401 & Hurontario for many years. It's very active but I'm sure I've never seen a Fleetnet t/g associated with it specifically.

SCPD

QRT
There's been an MTO yard on the northeast corner of 401 & Hurontario for many years. It's very active but I'm sure I've never seen a Fleetnet t/g associated with it specifically.

Yes I always see that yard when I get off the highway there. Those trucks parked in the yard are the trucks contracted out to plow the highway I think the company is TWD?

SCPD

QRT
Yes I always see that yard when I get off the highway there. Those trucks parked in the yard are the trucks contracted out to plow the highway I think the company is TWD?

0143.8050 is a truck to truck and fairly powerful simplex channel used by plows right across the 401 from Scaborough to Mississauga.

Status
Not open for further replies.