MTO Patrol areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here have the Patrol area for the city of Windsor? I know that Patrol 1 is for Essex County, the 401, Highway 3, Highway 40. When they do the road and weather reports for the SW I keep missing the Patrol area for the city of Windsor. This patrol is for the EC Row, 401, Highway 3, Ojibway Parkway.

Is it Patrol 1A maybe?

Also, Burlington. I know there are bases at Duffs Corners in Ancaster, Burlington base at Northshore and Polermo in Oakville. It seems that there should be a couple more MTO bases as the Patrol goes right into the west end of Toronto. I know that there is a MTO base in Mimico but there should be a base between Polermo and Mimico.

I will be happy to update the Wiki and have anyone/everyone update or make corrections.

thanks

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No idea... I was just there Sunday though... Too bad you didn't ask last week :)

I might be down that way again within the next week or two. If I am, and nobody has an answer by then I will see what I can find out for you. FWIW I've been getting a lot of road reports in the London area on 38768 this winter. I didn't have this talkgroup stored in my scanner (wildcard caught it) so it's not something they have used in this area recently. I'll try to pay attention to it and see what areas are reporting in.

VA3QRM

P.I.C.?

Have heard P.I.C.; acronym: Parkway Infrastructure???, for the area in Windsor including 401, highway 3, Huron Church, E.C. Row and Ojibway Parkway mentioned during road report. This is the access to the Ambassador bridge and the yet to be built crossing. The group doing construction is responsible for winter maintenance.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Have heard P.I.C.; acronym: Parkway Infrastructure???, for the area in Windsor including 401, highway 3, Huron Church, E.C. Row and Ojibway Parkway mentioned during road report. This is the access to the Ambassador bridge and the yet to be built crossing. The group doing construction is responsible for winter maintenance.

I am at a bit of a disadvantage here, I only hear units west of Oxford when they are giving the road and weather reports. I live in Burlington so I monitor Brantford and Cayuga.

The exact roads you mentioned, those were the roads that I heard being reported on, then Patrol 1 gives its report for Essex Co.

It looks like Windsor and the far SW are expecting a snow storm today (luckily the GTA is only expecting a mix of percip) so I will have my chances to monitor the road and weather reports.

Will anyone in the Norfolk,Haldimand, Brant and K/W Perth area, Patrols 12 thru 16 cover your areas,

Patrol 12-Oxford, Brant
Patrol14- K/W
Patrol 16-Hald, Norfolk, hwy 3 + 6
Patrol 15- Hwy24 in Brant, Norfolk

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

And of course as I typed the previous message London dispatch was doing the road and weather reports, and I missed it again.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

Finally caught the road and weather report from start to finish. Windsor city,the first report requested is indeed PIC, just like VA3QRM called it.

I'll update the wiki collaboration and if anyone cares to make corrections for Patrol 13, 14, 15, 16, to give exact Patrol areas, please be my guest.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

I spent some time (too much time, I have problems with editing) and made a few changes to the Patrols.

It seems that the Burlington and Niagara talkgroup are always patched. Also, they might have added a few patrols.

I'll keep on more of the local patrols.

VA3QRM

the C in P.I.C.?

Finally caught the road and weather report from start to finish. Windsor city,the first report requested is indeed PIC, just like VA3QRM called it.

I'll update the wiki collaboration and if anyone cares to make corrections for Patrol 13, 14, 15, 16, to give exact Patrol areas, please be my guest.

The C in P.I.C. stands for Constructors. Drove by a sign today, EJB...that wasn't buried.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

VA3QRM said:

The C in P.I.C. stands for Constructors. Drove by a sign today, EJB...that wasn't buried.

Cool!

Now it's on to the next groups. Morriston, I have the Patrols, don't have the exact location. Burlington Mto Patrol's for Burlington and Duffs, Called Site 3. And now I hear a Patrol 16 which sounds like for the Mississauga area on the QEW. This, I think, is a now Patrol. I will devote more effort to this.

And up north in Huron, Wellington, Bruce and Grey as well as Toronto, York Region, I can't really scan that far from Burlington.

If anyone wants to help out please jump in and if you don't want to work on the wiki I will do it.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.