MTO road reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathalogical

When they give their reports, temperature and wind are also given to the dispatcher. Many new vehicles have temp info available to the driver and may also be a standard factory feature inside the MTO trucks. So, how or what do they use to get the wind directions ?

Northerner71

Trees, flags, wet finger. I know most of the time they just bulls*&t their reports, unless it is really bad outside they just guesstimate their reports while they are having coffee at the shop or their garages. They do have little white boxes on the highway that give them frost depths(obtained from a little puck buried under the highway) this box also gives humidity, temp, wind speeds and the likes wired directly to their dispatch and the techs can actually log into their system and punch up a box and see what their highways look like. Hope this helps.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
There are little red flags along the highways that I see, I think they gage it by that

pathalogical

There are little red flags along the highways that I see, I think they gage it by that
I've seen those red flags too, particularly where an overpass starts and finishes...so the plows don't dump snow on traffic down below or, into a creek or other waterway.

Status
Not open for further replies.