Mtrunker32

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello there. This is Coolguy. I just have a question I hope someone or anyone on here can ansewer and help me with.

I was wondering if anyone on here would happen to know the website where I could Download "MTRUNKER32". Because I will be getting a Digital Scanner sometime next month. So I would just like to know the website or the place where I can download it. So I will know it for when I get my Digital Scanner. Then all I will have to do is just download it that day.

So if anyone on here can tell me. I would really appreciate it.

I will be waiting for any replies to this E-mail. Thanks.

Coolguy

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
You can get it right from the dowload section on this website.

Not sure how Mtrunker is going to help you with your digital scanner though, can you explain your theory a little better?

jellotor

If you know what you're looking for when it comes to trunker related programs, try Eric's new Windows Trunker version. It's much more stable than mtrunker32 and since the person who did that port has gone silent you'll get much more support.

williams63

VE3NSV : Ive been in contact with this young fellow for a little while,he is new to trunking as I was and I got heaps of help from here as well as the Yahoo List.

He lives in Chapleau ,and Fleetnet is alive n well there, he bought a Digital scanner however I told him , he would need all the Voice Channels in order to trunk the system.

I had to do this for Sudbury ,and I used Mtrunk32 tho my Pro97 has a TAP..if I understand things right...Mtrunk32 can also be run from the sound card and ear phone jack.

He will need as I said, all voice frqs for his area, his CC is 142.500 ( CC only mode is a no go ) and I found Mtrunker32 to a VALUABLE piece of software, so much in fact I have bought a old dell Pc , and run that program / scanner 24 - 7 on the Sudbury Fleetnet Site.

I also used Unitrunk for mapping TG's on the Sudbury EDAC system , again I got ALOT of heaps of help een at times when some of my questions were simple to some..it seem complex to me. None the less , what I got from here and yahoo List was nothing but patience from the users helping me in both Forms , ( OPP - Edac ) .

This young fellow needs tobe able to grab all Voice Channels ( and what ever alt cc ) I think Mtrunker32 would be a good choice for him , he has a 2nd unit to lock onto the CC and see what shows up. As I said , he is young and bery new to trunking , but a nice guy.

Thx

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Well ok then, I thought maybe he was thinking he could program his scanner with Mtrunker or something. As I said before, it is in the downloads section of this site.

Maybe Graeme can provide a link to the updated version.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
williams63 said:
He lives in Chapleau ,and Fleetnet is alive n well there, he bought a Digital scanner however I told him , he would need all the Voice Channels in order to trunk the system.

Depends what scanner he bought. Not all require the voice channels to be known.

The Uniden's that have control channel only on vhf and uhf will only need control channels.

jellotor

The latest release (alpha 3 I think) is in the files section of the Trunker yahoo group. I believe it's also linked to on the Trunked Radio Decoders forum here, but I know the files on the Trunker group are up to date.

Me, I'm still using the alpha 1 version and I've had none of the problems I had with mtrunker32: hanging the program when trying to monitor I-Calls, hanging the program when the number of stored RIDs reached a certain number and the general unreliability. Windows Trunker is solid.

williams63

He got a used BC796D scanner for a decent price.
I myself would like to try Erics new trunker prog...is it in the download section of rr.com ?

Mike not sure if that scanner he got does vhf cc only ...My 296D doesnt and I think the BC796D is the brother ( desktop ) version...I could be wrong.

Keep in mind , he doesnt have a slicer nor a tap on that scanner. Ive tapped my Pro97.

All Trunker progs I tried wanted COM PORTS...which I dont have.

Thx

Last edited:

williams63

Hit send too quick...

CC ONLY MODE , works on 800 Mhz on my unit.( and the 796 ).and the manual says, it will not log Talkgroups while in that mode, id think he would want get grab some TG update rr.com , I know OPP does Police his town.

Last edited:

williams63

Mtrunker

Jellotor :

Mtrunker has been working so far ok here.

This other version you speak of, does it req ..a COM PORT/ SLICER ?

Or can it be run from a Tap to Sound Card ? or line input from scanner to sound card ?

Im Curious, as Im always on the look out to try new Progs.

Thx

jellotor said:
The latest release (alpha 3 I think) is in the files section of the Trunker yahoo group. I believe it's also linked to on the Trunked Radio Decoders forum here, but I know the files on the Trunker group are up to date.

Me, I'm still using the alpha 1 version and I've had none of the problems I had with mtrunker32: hanging the program when trying to monitor I-Calls, hanging the program when the number of stored RIDs reached a certain number and the general unreliability. Windows Trunker is solid.

jellotor

No slicer required for Windows Trunker. Functionally, it's practically identical to trunker/mtrunker32 but adds the soundcard support that mtrunker32 has and fixes stability issues.

jellotor

No, not that I'm aware of. You can always search the above mentioned forum here as I believe the last release was posted there.

Status
Not open for further replies.