• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mts2000 FAIL 01/82 H01KDF9PW1BN VHF Code plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_baby

I need a good code plug for a MTS2000 VHF Model H01KDF9PW1BN System Package H35, Flash Code:000001-000000-9.

Read the codeplug changed it and wrote it back then got the dreaded FAIL 01/82 now nothing works. Ideas or suggestions?

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
If you mean FAIL 01/93 yes your radio is bricked.

FAIL 01/82 is an external checksum error, check your RIB and cabling and, try writing the radio with the last saved codeplug FROM that radio in normal RSS.

If the firmware is greater then 5.41 DO NOT USE LAB RSS ON IT.

If you have a radio of the same model, type and flashcode, you can try to use normal RSS to clone the radio, if you don't have a saved codeplug from that radio. Do NOT confuse toolproof (FAIL 01/93) and external checksum error (FAIL 01/82) as the same thing.

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
If you don't have a saved codeplug for that radio, you may be out of luck. The depot still flat rates the MTS2000. A Fail 01/82 is an internal codeplug checksum error, you can sometimes clear it with a saved GOOD codeplug from that same radio.

More often than not, it's failing hardware in the controller. As others have said, DO NOT use LAB/DEPOT to WRITE to any MTS2000 with a F/W higher than 5.41 or you WILL have a paperweight for sure.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
A Fail 01/82 is an internal codeplug checksum error, you can sometimes clear it with a saved GOOD codeplug from that same radio.

Isn't the internal codeplug checksum error FAIL 01/92? I could have sworn FAIL 01/82 was external codeplug checksum error.

In either case MTS2000des is correct, it is also an indication of hardware failure.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Isn't the internal codeplug checksum error FAIL 01/92? I could have sworn FAIL 01/82 was external codeplug checksum error.

In either case MTS2000des is correct, it is also an indication of hardware failure.
you may be right, I haven't looked at the DSM for the Jedi's in a while.
Either way, throwing a codeplug from another radio in it isn't likely going to do anything.

These radios are showing their age, in my experience, the first 512K controllers were problematic. I suspect die bond delamination of the EEPROM IC's or OMPAC's causing the failure. I've had some luck by reheating with an appropriate heat focus head and revived a few radios.

With most of these approaching 15-20 years old, these problems aren't uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.