• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTS2000 Low TX Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked around on the web and read previous threads where the MTS2000 experiences low transmit audio on occasion.

Is there anything within the CPS that can fix the gain on the microphone on the HT itself? I've checked the CPS and couldn't seem to find anything. I see AGC but after researching AGC online, a lot of people recommend leaving AGC "Disabled".

I'm running R02.03.00 CPS for the MTS2000 if that helps anybody. As far as audio goes on my MTS2000, it's a low audio to the point of being nearly muffled, but not so.

Thanks in advance for anybody who comes across this thread.

brother it’s an 20 year old radio it’s time to retire it sorry

No sir, this radio will keep on ticking until the day the Earth stops spinning. :LOL:

If you think this MTS2000 is old, you don't wanna hear about my Realistic HTX-202 from Dec '91 or my Standard HX400V (AA) - that radio is circa '83.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Common complaint with Jedi radios, especially with some firmware versions. AGC can be effective, but in my experience of supporting these radios for a good decade, disabling AGC is a good idea, though it won't hurt to turn it on with your particular radio to see how it behaves. The implementation on this product line wasn't very good.

You may also try using the Tuner software going into the MIC GAIN menu and maxing it out- IF the radio's firmware will allow the Tuner to display the softpot! Some versions it shows up, some it doesn't.

Nothing wrong with these radios. When properly tuned and aligned, these have some of the best sounding audio both transmit and receive of any 20th century Motorola portable. Way ahead of their time, wide bandwidth (wider than anything when they first debuted in 1992), assembled with no screws or wiring, and the first radios to get the Flashport system implemented.

RFI-EMI-GUY

No sir, this radio will keep on ticking until the day the Earth stops spinning. :LOL:

If you think this MTS2000 is old, you don't wanna hear about my Realistic HTX-202 from Dec '91 or my Standard HX400V (AA) - that radio is circa '83.
It could be a bad internal mike, the deviation set too low, the modulation compensation misadjusted. Try an external mike first.

Status
Not open for further replies.