• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Mts2000 randomly TX’es

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbnv992

I’ve got an MTS2000 that, when you squeeze the radio even a little bit / put a little pressure where the battery contacts meets the radio ( right below the “mts2000 logo ) the radio will transmit by itself.

I tried to clean the contacts on the back of the radio, tried different batteries, it does it with all the batteries.
Tried to repeat this issue with another mts2000 and it’s perfect.

Any ideas what might cause this ? It’s not a major issue since this is the first time I’m noticing it and you have to really grab it to notice it ( not like a Superman squeeze but just a standard grip squeezing the radio and battery together will set off the TX )

mbnv992

Probably the flex cables are damaged inside.

Figured it would be an internal issue. At this point I’ll probably just deal with it. I got the radio for super dirt cheap anyway plus it isn’t on front line communications. ( for a 20+ year old radio I hope it wouldn’t be at least haha ).
If the issue gets worse I’ll pop the case off and see what’s going on in there.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Pop the case off, these are the easiest radios you'll see when you disassemble. You'll need a flathead screwdriver into the center of the bottom case. There are no screws, its 4 pieces with a few clips and 2 ribbon cable and 2 chip boards. Disassemble and reassemble

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
On the Jedi series the kapton tape would loosen over the PTT switch and the popple would shift around. If it got wedged funny it might be half pressed down and a little tweek on the case sets it off.

N4KVE

On the Jedi series the kapton tape would loosen over the PTT switch and the popple would shift around. If it got wedged funny it might be half pressed down and a little tweek on the case sets it off.
Quite a few times over the years I’ve had to peel the popple off, & recenter it in the proper place. Turned a radio with a lousy PTT into a perfect one. A 5 minute fix.

mbnv992

I do have another MTS2000 that you really have to PUSH in on the PTT in order for it to transmit. The one that randomly transmits by itself - it does it without even hitting the PTT and just squeezing the case together a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.