• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTS2000 VHF codeplug? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

10-95

I never thought it would be so hard to get a hold of a VHF MTS2000 codeplug. I am in need of a VHF full key model DOS codeplug. Anyone?

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Codeplugs are built after you read the radio with the CPS. You have to read the radio first, then create your codeplug. You cannot build the codeplug first and then load it into the radio with the MTS series radios..

ronenp

mts2000 codeplug

Thr MTS2000 is a flashport radio
you cant just like that flash a new codeplug it will put your radio to situation that it will not work

Regards
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ

mancow

Database Admin
Only if it's post 5.42 or greater firmware. You can work it like a dirty whore prior to that.

10-95

Only if it's post 5.42 or greater firmware. You can work it like a dirty whore prior to that.

Thanks for the input Mancow, all I need is a dos codeplug, not info on what these people think I can or can't do, I hate sounding tearse, but I hate seeing people who have no idea what they are talking about posting info i never asked for. i have the DEPOT tools, i just need a codelug.

10-95

Got one. I actually made one with a DEPOT TOOL and it is fully functional now. Thanks for nothing everyone.

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input Mancow, all I need is a dos codeplug, not info on what these people think I can or can't do, I hate sounding tearse, but I hate seeing people who have no idea what they are talking about posting info i never asked for. i have the DEPOT tools, i just need a codelug.

Instead of slamming someone for "who have no idea what they are talking about", why don't you look at it like you taught someone something. I've been working with MTS radio and M products for a long, long time. I'm not a tech, and I have never heard of what your solution you two discussed. I look at it as a learning experience for a resolution that I was not familiar with.

10-95

Instead of slamming someone for "who have no idea what they are talking about", why don't you look at it like you taught someone something. I've been working with MTS radio and M products for a long, long time. I'm not a tech, and I have never heard of what your solution you two discussed. I look at it as a learning experience for a resolution that I was not familiar with.

I make no apologies for my statement, I am not gonna have a flame war either. If you don't like my post, too bad, get over it. The facet is, one of the posters has posted misinformation in other forums as well, it helps no one. if the posters are that ineterested in posting info, maybe they should actually do some reading and some learning before posting. I always hate going to forums and the resident Motorola expert has no idea what they are talking bout, it helps no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.