• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTX-1550

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMan976

I have 2 MTX-1550 VHF Trunking Radios. They are both fairly new and they both have the same issue, which I find Odd as they have basically sat on a shelf for the majority of their life.

Both radios power up with no display. The menu does not come up , nor the channel info .. Zip, Nada.

I find it hard to believe both displays went at the same time .

Has anyone else come across this on these radios.

Thank You

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Sounds like they both have been inhibited.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
You can read the radios with CPS and it should tell you if they have been inhibited. If they were, then you have to talk to the system admin that inhibited them and have them un-inhibit the radios.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Wow! 2 1/2 years later. :p

PMan976

You can read the radios with CPS and it should tell you if they have been inhibited. If they were, then you have to talk to the system admin that inhibited them and have them un-inhibit the radios.

These were new radios we had on the shelf, Nobody should have done that to them, but it may have been done by mistake when our tech was programming it. I believe that he just downloaded another profile.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Inhibiting is not done via programing. It is done via Site Lens for trunking or via a console for conventional. Are you saying that the they are fixed now? If so, then they were more than likely not inhibited.

PMan976

I doubt that is the problem then. I just appears that both radios lost the display at the same time. I was wondering if anyone knew of a Display option or something in the settings that would have turned them off. I looked and couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I will note these are not set up as trunking radios.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Yep, MDC inhibited via console. Are the radios working? Have you tried to read the radios with CPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.